1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Authoring Problems with Ulead Video Studio

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by slickhorn, Dec 27, 2004.

1. slickhorn

slickhorn Member

I've taken a quick look around the forums, but I may have missed an obvious answer to this.

I'm attempting to author a DVD using Ulead Videostudio. I think it's version 7. Unfortunately, the software is letting me down. I've compiled a project, made of various MP3 audio tracks and AVI video clips (from a canon S1 IS camera). I've tried a couple of different output methods from the SHARE tab in the program. The project is a video clip of about 67 minutes.

Output 1: A video file. I've successfully rendered both the "NTSC DVD" video file and a standard mpeg-2 file. Output is successful roughly 60% of the time, meaning the program finishes the conversion without crashing.

Output 2: DVD Disc Image. This method usually fails after successfully completing the "converting video" step. I say successfully, because the output converted video file plays and is full length, with all the appropriate transitions/sound overlay, etc.

Output 3: DVD folders. This also usually fails after completing the "converting video" step.

Output 4: Direct to Disc. This method is supposed to burn the completed project to a DVD-R, but does not ever get to the burning step.

My environment: Windows 2k Pro SP 4. 1GB RAM, Athlon XP 2600+. Working on a non-boot volume drive, 100GB, with 30GB free space.

At least half the time, Video Studio simply exits about halfway through the process. Not out of disc space, no warning screens or anything else, just crashes. I can't afford to buy authoring software, or I'd be using TMPEG authoring software.

Can anyone help me get a dvd out of this software?

Thanks much!

2. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

You say that OUTPUT2 creates an output file that is correct.

Whats wrong with this file? What format is it in?

Adder.

3. slickhorn

slickhorn Member

Well, it's a long process, that should ultimately generate an ISO disc image. The program successfully converts the videos, and I get a playable MPEG file from the source AVIs. But no disc image is created.

So the video conversion is successful, but I can't just burn an MPEG to DVD. The problem I am having isn't getting converted video, it's getting a VIDEO_TS folder or disc image from which I can burn a DVD.

4. kyrainman

kyrainman Guest