1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Authoring Question

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Pindersk, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Pindersk

Pindersk Member

I have 13 episodes of a show I recorded in AVI and I am having problems adding them to a DVD. What is the trick to added multiple videos to a DVD? How does Hollywood get 4 episodes on 1 disc? I am using WinDVD Creator 2 and I can only get 1 episode onto a disc. Thank you in advance!

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I havent used Win DVD Creator 2 myself so i dont know if that program can join the AVI files or not. I use nero Vision Express 3 and pull in multipul AVI files into a DVD-Video creation. It has a color bar below to let you know how many you can add before going over a DVD5 disc. After I get them in I create a menu and Nero will encode the AVI to DVD format with a working menu to use in your DVD player. I have done this with episodes of Viva LaBam and the O.C. works great. I sent a Private Message with more info for you.

3. Pindersk

Pindersk Member

Thank you for the information! I will check out Nero express 3.

4. CG_Gurl80

CG_Gurl80 Guest

You can also try using DivxtoDVD from VSO Sofware, it's free and easy to use. Check it out here if you are interested:

http://www.download.com/3000-7970_4-10341695.html

Now, once you've downloaded it, here is the process that I would recommend.

1. Open the file using DivxtoDVD and hit "Convert"

2. Convert as many files as you want to add to your DVD and save them into a designated folder.

3. Now, open up DVD Shrink and "Open Files". That should be the folder that you saved all your converted AVI's and Mpeg's

4. Backup the files as an ISO and let Shrink encode.

5. You now have an ISO ready to burn, so open up Decrypter or Nero or Roxio, whatever you prefer, and burn the image to DVD.

6. Enjoy your movie. ;-)