1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD authoring refinement question

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Gossimerg, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Gossimerg

Gossimerg Guest

I am testing demo software to get the hang of authoring DVD's. My goal is to make compilations of TV shows I have captured.

Currently I use VideoReDo to remove commercials and Used TMPGEnc Basic to set up the menu and create the the files for the disc. After this was all said and done the files would require a disk slightly larger then a DL, I expected this. I ran it through DVD shrink to get it down to single layer DVD size and it worked fine.

Question is: Is their a way to create the disk compressed for single layer DVD's in one pass?

I am also planning on going to DVDlab to increase menu flexibility. If this effects the process please elaborate.

Thanks

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

There's lots of software that will re-encode your video so it fits on dvd5. Most of it will ruin the quality.
    I regularily put multiple episodic stuff on dvdr in dvdlab. Just compile the project, then use DVDSrhink if needed. Because of the way shrink works, you rarely lose much quality, unless you're going into the 50-60% area. 75% is the lowest I would go on any project.