1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd autio newb...

Discussion in 'High resolution audio' started by punx777, Oct 29, 2004.

1. punx777

punx777 Regular member

hey just thinkin about gettin into dvd audio. and i have a couple questions....

is this playable on pcs. dvd players or anything?
    are they at all copyable?

2. FreeMrkt

FreeMrkt Member

DVD Audio is playable on PC's if you have the sound card and sofware to play them. I think all the Audigy 2 sound cards do. They come with a dvd audio player with the software but it does not support the video. WinDVD plays them just fine.

Also they play on dvd audio component players provided you have them hooked up via analogue inputs. All dvd audio discs will play in a regular dvd player but it will only play the dolby digital or dts tracks and not the high resolution dvd audio.

As of yet, dvd audio's are not copyable. However, the dolby digital or dts tracks are.

More importantly, however, i feel the reason people steal cd's is because of the price and lack of features. They have poor sound quality, according to some, and lack the warmth of higher quality recordings. Therefore, I hope people do not steal dvd audio's. They are the answer we are looking for in terms of sound quality, price, features and innovation.

Please support our artists.