1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Back up and Vidoera

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by nanook07, Mar 11, 2007.

1. nanook07

nanook07 Member

ok..I received clarification on a question I asked before..but now I have a new delima...I am looking to back up a DVD Movie & copy it onto my hard drive for conversion to Ipod format.

Here is the deal..I have been using the Guide found here for making back up DVD (dvdfab+shrink+imgburn)..works great.

But I need an Mpeg 4 file (IFO) to convert to ipod format (Vidora will not convert an ISO file.

Right now I have to rip the movie in to my HDD twice. Once for the dvd backup (as on ISO file) and once for the ipod format conversion (as an IFO file for Vidora conversion). Is their any way I can just rip the movie in once and make a backup copy of the DVD and use Videor to convert to ipod format?

thanks

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

You can burn your DVD and then use Videora to look at the Video_TS folder for your movie to burn! this way you burned your DVD and then using that burned DVD you can now just convert that DVD into Mpg4 and right into the iPod!

3. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I just tried it and it only does the one Video_title set the way I suggested it! I don't use Videora.... although it does look good I use DVDFab Platinum to convert my DVD to iPod MPEG4 and then Add folder to Library! and there ya go! most of my movies are done that way! I don't have to rerip to hard drive, just take it right from the Disk that was already burned.

4. nanook07

nanook07 Member

Thanks....but I tried Videora and it does not work the same way. I sucessfully burned a dvd. and then went to convert the files on the DVD using Videora

However, I believe I have to convert to an IFO file first as using the Video_TS folder (on the DVD) provides me with 4 different VOB files (all about 1 gig). Videora does not know how to convert these..

any ideas...

5. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

you have to add the VIDEO_TS folder files one by one and then convert it all! It will do it but you have to add all of them otherwise you will just get one video title set. This is why I use DVDFab Platinum..... it will take the whole DVD and convert it to MPEG4 so you can add it to your iPod!

6. nanook07

nanook07 Member

in Videora...you can't add all the files....it only lets you transcode one at a time...and then it does not combine them.. guess I will have to upgrade to DVDFab platinum...