1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd back up failure with some dvd players

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by limoman, Mar 18, 2007.

1. limoman

limoman Member

Has anybody found that back up dvd's that have worked before start to have pixle loss . This happened to me last year and I up graded to a better dvd player and everything was fine,now the same player is starting to have the pixle loss and picture loss?Is there a dvd player out there that seems to work better than another?

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

The most common cause of your problem is poor quality blank media. This type media may seem to record and playback OK when first burned, but 6 months down the road you start to have playback problems. Most media manufactured by CMC-MAG corp is considered a poor choice for dvd backup. This includes most of the blank media with the Memorex name on it since CMC-MAG makes the blanks for Memorex. You need a program like DVDINFOPRO that can tell you the actual manufacturer of the blank media. Use the best blanks you can find. Some of the good ones are TY, Verbatim, and Ritek. Check the forum section on blank media. It should have answers to any other questions on blanks.

Jerry

3. limoman

limoman Member

From now on will go about backing up with more care and better software program . I have been burning with TDK from costco. Thanks for the reply