1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd back up looks scrach at the end of the movie

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rookytata, May 2, 2005.

1. rookytata

rookytata Member

hi all im backing up my dvd's and i use dvd shrink and i notice that when i burn the move on to a new dvd cd and when i play it im my dvd player it starts to look scrach at the end of the movie kind of in the last 30 to 15 minutos to the end. i was wonderring if i was doing somthing wrong in the burning process or do i have to change some kind of configuration on dvd shrink, i also use dvd decrypter and i ripp it with that and burn it with nero and when i do it like that it dosent even read it on my dvd player. but you can see that it was actualy brun on the dvd cd. please advise what to due to fix this problem.
    thank you all ^_^

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

The first thing you should try is this: In DVD Shrink, where it says compression rate it is usually at automatic. If you change that to custom and set it to about 4300MB, that will keep from burning to the very edge of the disc, which some media has problems with. If that doesn't solve your problem, try to switch media. Ritek makes some pretty good media, Taiyo Yuden makes the best.

Good luck!

3. rookytata

rookytata Member

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP I WILL TRY IT TONIGHT !!!!!

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Cool, let us know how it turns out.

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi rookytata, welcome to aD,

I'm guessing that you're trying to say is, it appears scratched to the naked eye.

Look at your discs before you burn them. They must be scratched from the pack OR from another source. There is nothing that touches your disc during burning except a laser light beam and that cannot scratch your disc.

You also fail to tell us what type of media you're using. Lousy media might not be "seen" by your player. Upgrade to something decent -

When attempting to achieve the best burn, consider reducing that burn speed to the 4X area. Iffin you have a new 16X, DL burner, you'll probably do well at 6X. It is my feeling that 8X and over leads to occasional coasters, even when using top grade stuff such as Verbatim DataLife Plus media.

The second part of the solution is to always use a decent grade media. I suggest something like those discs made by Taiyo Yuden, Ritek, Mitsubishi or RICOH. Unfortunately they are also the discs most plagued by pirate Mfgrs. and for that reason I like dealing with Mertline, Supermediastore OR Newegg who have a great return policy on their products. I have had great luck with Ritek, RiData and Verbatim DataLife Plus discs and their prices are extremely reasonable.[/b] As a passing note, when buying Verbatim's, they come with a lifetime warrantee. Return them with your sales slip OR register receipt and a new one will be shipped to replace it.

For the best online media stores to shop, try -

Mertline.com
    http://meritline.com/

Newegg.com
    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-132-344&depa=0

And,

Supermediastore.com
    http://www.supermediastore.com/media1.html

Shopping around can prove worthwhile - Staples, as of this date, offered HP+R DVD's (LQQked them up in MediaMatch and they are made by Mitsubishi) for $18.00 per 50. Verbatim's were on sale $10.00 rebate for a pack of 25, $20.00 (USD) for a pack of 50 AND Taiyo Yuden where on sale with their -R, 4X DVD's for $.27 each (USD) in packs of 100- a fortnight past - Think of it, TY's for $27 ea. There are sales all the time for the "GREAT" stuff - So you sea, quality isn't always expensive ~

Ooohhh rookytata, one final thing, . . . About the third key up from the bottom, on the left-hand side of your keyboard says, "Cap Lock" . . . do you see it there ? . . . . Yes, that's it, about even with the "A" key, . . . Found it right ? Kweel, TURN IT OFF !

1. It's against forum rules.
    And,
    2. We consider it rude and "yelling".

Do not use it while posting here.

Thank you. I knew you would understand.

In case you would like to avoid other infractions of our rules, They can be found at the beginning of each Forum under the title, READ THIS: Forum Rules

If you cannot find it, here is a link: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487

Cheers,

Pete

Last edited: May 2, 2005
  6. rookytata

rookytata Member

Hi all I when ahead and change my settings on my dvd shrink so it wont burn to the edge of the cd. I change it to 4300 thanks for the tip. So what I did was from the “ bad copy” (copy that looks scratch at the end of the move) well I did the same thing just burned it at a slower speed 2x and also change it so it won’t burn to the edge of the cd. And it works just fine. thanks for all you help guys ^_^

p.s
    i want to back up my home moves that i recorded with my mini dv and want to make a dvd out of it. i notice that i can only make it a mpeg1 vcd. can some one help me out here and point me to the proper place were i can make my mpeg1 to dvd thanks againg.

7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member