1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD back-up problems....

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by BigSie, Oct 1, 2003.

1. BigSie

BigSie Member

I have a pioneer 106 burner. I have been making back up DVD's using Nero version 6.0.0.11. I have been using Princo DVD-R media, with no problems. Until recently! Now, every DVD backup I make sticks at the last couple of chapters of every disc. Please could someone help me with my problem. I have updated my Firmware for my writer to version 1.07, but to no avail.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Princo is your problem, guarenteed._X_X_X_X_X_[small]V4 PS2, flip top, SMD, CDLoader
    Pioneer 105, Memorex 4X DVD-R
    DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, Nero[/small]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2003
  3. BigSie

BigSie Member

But they've been working great for over 3 months, never a coaster....till now?

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

well you finally used the crappy discs. The edges of those discs suck, thats why the end of the movies skip. I bought a 25 pack and the end of every single movie i made either skipped or stopped playing all together. Used different media, and no problems since._X_X_X_X_X_[small]V4 PS2, flip top, SMD, CDLoader
    Pioneer 105, Memorex 4X DVD-R
    DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, Nero[/small]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2003
  5. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

If you need to use Princo, keep the size of the disc to 4Gb and less. Any thing larger and I wouldn't trust Princo. The best think to do is avoid using them.

6. BigSie

BigSie Member

I'm now using Traxdata 4X. I think they are restamped Ritech and have the proper dye on them.