1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd backup freezes when played on dvd player

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by DeZE, Oct 6, 2004.

1. DeZE

DeZE Guest

when i play a burnt dvd on my dvd player it freeze's up for couple of secounds through the movie.its a avi i have burnt to dvd using nero can anyone help

2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

sounds like it could be your files or your media. Have you played it on your PC to see if it does it? What kind of media are you burning to? :>)

3. DeZE

DeZE Guest

ok,i just tryed playing it on tha dvd player and it does the same thing so i think it may be the avi, would you know any programs to fix divx files.

thanks for ya helps

4. Discmania

Discmania Active member

It could still be the media you are using - try burning to a different brand of disc (preferably Ritek). If the original file is in Divx you don't necessarily need to convert it before burning if you are going to play it on your pc or with a stand alone player that accepts Divx discs. Also if you do need to convert to avi remember that it could burn to a CD if the file is not too large to produce a vcd.

5. DeZE

DeZE Guest

first off thanks for all ya help,secoundly i tried using a diffrent media Ritek dvdr and it now works great on my dvd player(which is old)but when i try to play it on my friends new dvd player (samsung dvd s124) it freezes half way through the movie the pitcure gets distorted and starts playing with the sound not matching tha action of tha movie,

6. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Now it sounds as though the Samsung is the culprit, especially if the lyp-sync goes out. Does it do that with other discs aswell?

7. DeZE

DeZE Guest

no only this one

8. bigorange

bigorange Active member

samsung IS the culprit. They are notorious for being askew. I've seen them not play a backup, then burn the same files on the same media from a different PC and play fine. I've also seen them play a disc one time and not the next. They are very unreliable and I would recommend to anyone not to buy a samsung DVD player. :>(
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][bold]GO VOLS![/bold].Dell Media4600,XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,1024MB,280HDw/8MB,17"flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated5.1 audio,HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn832S-DL[/small]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2004