1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd backup freezing

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Heckler, Dec 6, 2004.

1. Heckler

Heckler Guest

I have a samsung dvd writer +/-, first off can anyone tell me if this writer is good enough for backing up dvds. The software i used to attempt to back up DVDS was the latest dvd shrink which i used in conjunction with the guide provided on this site. Everything went fine except when it came to playing it on my standalone player the movie freezed and skipped????? this never occured on my dvd drive in my PC????. My stand alone player is cheap, i live in New zealand and it cost 80 bux roughly 50 bux US however it can play copied DVD's from overseas. Im assuming its the media ive used which was real cheap.

My assumption right????

Any help with this would be much appreciated

2. zippyd

zippyd Active member

More than likely true. But if you knew that already, why not go ahead and try some quality media to try and see if your assumption was right?

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey heckley, Symptom of poor media:1) freezing...2)pixellating...3) skips...4)no disc error when backup copy is inserted in tray...5)sound quality in and out...6)and many more things that can happen. It usually don't matter what formats they play and how much those stand alones cost.If the stand alone don't like that disc,then they are telling you something is wrong with it. Your pc should play those backups you are buring.scuba pete says the pc burners will play a plate,lol,If not something else is wrong.Poor quality media problems are highly magnified by stand alones.A high quality media should take care of that problem in that stand alone. Preferably mcc produced media by mitsibishi.It solved most of my problems,except for one standalone would not play anything on pc burner.A high quality burner took care of that.The high quality media change should take care of yours.Especially since the try to play. Good luck