1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd backup is not recognised by dvd burning software

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by irieman, Feb 6, 2005.

1. irieman

irieman Member

I followed the instructions for both the dvd shrink as well as dvd decrypter and so far that has work. The problem that i have is when dvd decrytper converts the file to ISO, it is not recognised by my dvd burner software so that i can play it in my dvd. I tried nero, but i just seems to burn the backup as ISO. Is there a way to burn the disk as another format which is recognised by my dvd players?

2. brobear

brobear Guest

A couple of things come into play. First of all, does the recorded DVD you have play on your PC? And then, what is the format of the media being used? Is that format supported by the player you're trying to play it on? Some players won't play recorded media and others only certain formats.

As far as the ISO setting, that is the image settings in the Backup window. If you set to burn automatically with Nero, it is in the File Mode. Then you have the variations for different burners and hard drive folders. Any of the guides will explain the process.