1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Backup No Picture w/ Nero Showtime 2

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bladetvh, Nov 18, 2004.

1. bladetvh

bladetvh Member

I burned a backup of Elf with the latest version of DVD Shrink. When I play it back on Nero Showtime 2, or in DVD Shrink's preview window, I get sound, but no picture. When I play the backup DVD on my standalone unit, the DVD plays both picture and sound without problem.

Any suggestions?

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

When a certain media player cannot show the pictures, it usually means certain video codec is missing. But I was under the impression that Nero and Shrink have all(?) the common video codecs installed.
    Anyway, try install Media Player Classic and K-lite Codec Pack from below and see if that works:

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm

Good luck!

3. bladetvh

bladetvh Member

Thanks for your suggestion.

I just got around to working on this and I downloaded/installed the codec pack; however, I still cannot see the picture of my backup dvds with either Media Player Classic, Media Player 10, or Showtime 2.

4. bladetvh

bladetvh Member

And the picture won't display with any of my original DVDs. And if I install the Interactual player that comes with some of my originals, and update it from their website, I still can't get a picture.

5. bladetvh

bladetvh Member

I just noticed that when I preview the disc when using "open disc", I can see the movie. But, when I try to preview it under "reauthor" or watch the backup disc, I get sound but no picture. Please Help!!!!!

6. bladetvh

bladetvh Member

Solved! I upgraded my videocard to the newest driver and it works again!!!