1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Backup Not Working

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by iceman816, Sep 26, 2004.

1. iceman816

iceman816 Member

Hi all could any one out there please tell me what is wrong.
    I have made a sucsesfull backup of a dvd it plays good on my dvd player but my 2 year old ps2 will not play the movie. i am using RITEK dvr-r's ..
    please help.
    regards
    iceman

2. meta1

meta1 Regular member

The PS2 will not play backup DVDs without some for of mod chip or swap trick, you do know that, right?

3. Demonz

Demonz Guest

Try 2 used a DVD+R blank media...because not all PS2 configure 2 play DVD-R; Also the color of ur DVD blank media like Silver, Purple, Black, and so on...is also affected by that. If that 1 didn't work try cleaning ur PS2 lens...its probably dusty after 2 years of playing.

4. PupDog44

PupDog44 Regular member

He is talking about a dvd movies not game. You do not need any modchip to play a backup of dvd movie.

5. meta1

meta1 Regular member

I know what he's talking about and I also know that the PS2 doesn't recognize backed up DVD+r without swap or chip.

6. iceman816

iceman816 Member

I am using dvd-r's and my playstation 2 is the only dvd player that will not play my backed up dvd movies.
    My elcheapo dvd even plays them.
    I thought i shouldn't need a chip for the ps2 just to play backed up movies?.

7. iEvermore

iEvermore Member

Question,

I have an image file on my Hard disk of my game, it seems to burn properly onto the disk but when I start playing the backup, it keeps freezing up and the PS2 starts to make funny noises. The game will play but not with out freezing every so often. Plus the music and voices rarely ever match the game. I'm currently burning the game with Alcohol 120% on a DVD+R (Purple Bottom) Disk on my Ver 1 PS2. Can anyone help me out on this?