1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD backup problem or backup disc problem

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by B0X, Mar 10, 2005.

1. B0X

B0X Member

I just got a DVD burner a week ago, I want to backup the PS2 DVD disc. But I burned it in the 4X speed with the DVD-R disc, while i used the swap magic 2.0 DVD disc to boot the game but it cant boot, it shows that the red(cant not boot), then I use the Swap magic 2.0 CD boot.. then change the GT3 original disc to have a bigger TOC to boot the disc. it can boot very well.. then I found that the disc my cousin burn for me which can boot with the SMD DVD is different from my disc.. is there any problem about my PS2 or any problem with my DVD-R disces or my step of burning way is wrong... I already burned the disc with Alcohol 120%, NERO, and DVD Decrypter,but they still cant boot with the Swap magic DVD 2.0 disc!!!

can someone figure it out and help me out????
    ps: I already changed the new lens for my PS2..my ps2 version is 300001F, is that my PS2 is too old to play the backup disc?!!!!

2. Cixx

Cixx Member

I've got the same version ps2. All backups play fine.
    Try 2 use different media dvd-r. Sometimes this is the problem. Also burn on the lowest speed.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

It's most likely not your PS2
    Using the right media is the key, until i found a few that worked i tried Memorex and they never worked.
    try a good DVD-R media in either 4X or 8X speed.
    Verbatim, TDK, Phillips are just some.
    And i always use DVD Decrypter for all mine.

4. mjonz20

mjonz20 Member

I use Ridata from Ritek....they are quite cheap and work perfectly ($10 for 25)

5. B0X

B0X Member

then if I change a mod chip like the newest mod chip like something 4.0 pro mod chip..it says that it will load all the disc, included the DVD+R and DVD-/+RW disc... is that real??? or it must be have a newer version of PS2???!!!im tired of the Swap magic CD disc to boot the DVD... that's sux... or i have to buy another SWD 3.0?????is that better for booting DVD disc???

6. B0X

B0X Member

can someone help me ?