1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Backup Quality

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by GenPatton, Jan 16, 2005.

1. GenPatton

GenPatton Member

What is reasonable backup "quality" to expect when using DVD shrink? I'm using a Sony external burner, DVD Shrink to rip and Nero to Burn. My media is Verbatim 16X and I'm burning @ 4X. The quality of my backups is good - although there are some occasional pauses during playback. Is this to be expected?

Thanks in advance!

2. sean5775

sean5775 Regular member

I get some very occasional picture problems when playing back my backups. Usually its just a spot on the screen that looks really blurry for just a second. Also if I watch it again it usually doesnt happen again. So thats probably related to my player. The only time I can really notice any difference between my backups and the original is if I use my players zoom feature. It looks good at 2X but once I zoom into 4X I can tell that I'm watching a backup. But thats not a feature I use very often.

I also have had originals that freeze at certain spots, and that is usually fixed by simply cleaning the disc.

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Your using good media, and burning at the right speed ... so it could just be your player.