1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD backup question and comments appreciated

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by delafoo, Jan 27, 2005.

1. delafoo

delafoo Guest

I've been backing up for a while now.

Using DVDXcopy 4.0.3.8 the pre-ban version, which I upgraded from 3.2.1 from a peer to peer network.

While using DVDXcopy, I found, for myself that it had problems making copies of copies.

I also found, for DVDX, if I made my temporary file a different folder name located on my desktop, that most media player wouldn't play the saved TDF files.

However, I did find a program, CopyToDVD SE that would make copies of copies. And I also found that WinDVD (all versions) would play the saved TDF files as the DVD video in its entirety.

Is anyone aware of any programs that make copies of copies?

Any other media players that play saved TDF video files?

comments and suggestions welcome.

~BB

2. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

Clone DVD.
    Nero.
    etc...

Adder.

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

All X copy software was designed so that it could not make a copy of a copy made with X copy software.(that was a mouth full). However, once the 1st copy is made it is no longer encrypted so any burning program such as Nero or Roxio that has a disc copy feature will make a second copy of the X Copy disc. You just can't use X copy again. Hope I didn't confuse you too much.

Jerry

4. delafoo

delafoo Guest

That explains alot.

For some reason, I've had nothing but trouble with Roxio, it doesn't like to copy Data disks of any type, or DVDs of any type on my PC... which led me to obtain CopyToDVD SE.

bb

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Roxio isn't the best choice for dvd backups or copies. Most members ditch it and install Nero 6 Ultra in its place. Nero is a much better burning package.

Jerry

6. rhino351

rhino351 Regular member

dvdxcopy ripper free version will copy copies made by other dvdxcopy programs. DVDdecrypter and nero will also do great you can skip the shrink because it is already compressed on the one disc.