1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Backup Software

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by pede69, Dec 30, 2002.

1. pede69

pede69 Guest

Hi,

Can someone help me please? :)

I am looking for a software program that will do an exact dvd backup of my DVD's. That is make a disk to disk copy of them. I have a Pioneer dvr-104

One more time, I want to put a dvd into my dvd player and make an exact "one disk" backup on my dvd burner with a blank dvd disk that is identical to the original dvd.

Can someone please tell me what program there is available that will do this?

Thank you,
    John

2. blueray

blueray Guest

If the disc is a DVD-9, i.e. it is over 4.3Gb in size, no, there is no single software solution. You will have to re-encode various parts of the movie/extras using the guides that are available on this and other websites.

The only single-software solution out at the moment is from 321 Studios, but again, that will create a 2-DVD film from one original DVD. This will include all the origianl menus, extras, etc...hope that helps...

Blueray

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2002
  3. framerman

framerman Regular member

If the dvd is a dvd-5, the absolute easiest way is copy in iso mode in dvd decrypter. Eject the disc and put the blank in and burn the iso back. Perfect copy every time. If it's a dvd-9, there is no other way than to strip audio, subtitles, and vob-id's that you don't want. The dvd burners available don't burn to dual layer dvd's, and I'm not even sure if you can get them. And even if you could, you would be spending more on the disc than just buying the movie all over again.

4. Dogiedady

Dogiedady Member

There is no such program Hollywood uses DVD 9 Duel Layer we can only buy and burn DVD 5 Single Layer thus all the work. With some research and some work you can still make DVD5's that are just a good as those Hollywood Fat Cats though.

See DVD 9 to 5
    http://www2.whidbey.net/mnms/

5. ams30gts

ams30gts Member

6. blueray

blueray Guest

There is such a program to backup DVD-9 discs - it is called DVDX Copy V1.3 - and it will backup all the menus, extras etc..but it will put them onto 2 DVD-R's. I personnaly like to re-encode the main movie put this back into the original disc structure, the end result acting and looking like the original but on 1 4.3Gb DVD-R.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2003