1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Backup Troubles

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by skibum, Sep 26, 2004.

1. skibum

skibum Guest

Hey all. First time post, so please bear with me. I have been backing up PS2 games for about 3 months now. I use swap magic disks and a flip top lid on a version 6 playstation. I can backup most titles without a problem. However, I just recently got SSX 3 and Burnout 3, and neither of them will backup properly. I have never tried to backup a EA title before, and with a little research, I found that apparantly these titles need to be patched. I tried using ARD Patcher v0.5. It recognized that there were multiple locations on both images that needed to be patched, but even after patching the backups didn't work right. I looked into PPF-O-Matic patcher v3.0, but couldn't find any PPF files to use. Please, someone help me out, how can I backup these two games? I have never had any other troubles backing up or playing games. PLEASE, any advice is appreciated. Thank you all.

P.S.: Here are the specs:
    8X NEC DVD-RW drive
    Nero used for some coppies
    DVD Decryptor and Alcohol %120 used for image creating/burning
    all creation/burning done at minimum speeds

2. chpkpkl

chpkpkl Member

Hi,
    I am completly new. Looks like you have the same specs as I do, but I am completly new to PS2 backing up. Could you give me some instructions? I have just received swap magic 2.0 and 3.0.