1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD backup vs original copy noise question

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by krud, Nov 8, 2004.

1. krud

krud Guest

Two part question actually.

1) Do DVD backups make more noise than the original PS2 games? Its something that I've been noticing with my PS2 with DMS 3 modchip. I'm not sure if thats normal or if maybe my laser is out of alignment or my burns aren't 100% (Using Recordnow max reading and writing at 1x). Original copies play just fine, and the copies play as well, just with the added noise.

2) Does excessive usage (ie: >6 hours a day, damn San Andreas) of a dms 3.0 modded PS2 cause any system instability? Or if anyone has had any experience with it frying your PS2?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2004
  2. mtlmark23

mtlmark23 Member

Personaly I suggest you use your ps2 console for games ONLY. Why put the stress on your lazer of constant reading for hours. Buy a dvd player and that's all. Also I had a matrix infinity installed on my ps2 last week, and the guy had a hell of a time doing it on my V7. The ps2 played originals (dvd+games) very well, but the lazer was fussy on brands when it came to backups. The installer had to adjust lazer reading angle and the output power to the lazer, so it would read all backups fine. Needless to say, only use the best dvd media possible when backing up, otherwise you'll get that ticking noise which means poor quality and the lazer is having a difficult time reading.

3. krud

krud Guest

By DVD backups I meant ps2 DVD backups and I was talking about excessive use from playing games. I don't really understand why it would be a media issue, from what I've seen the Ritek G04's are supposed to be the best for copying PS2 games. If you think thats the problem could you recommend a dvd brand I could try?