1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd backup will pause for a second occassionally

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by CALITINO, Sep 23, 2004.

1. CALITINO

CALITINO Member

it seems like every other dvd I backup this will happen. when I play the dvd back on my dvd player like at least 3 times during the playback the movie pauses for a second and I noticed the time counter on the dvd player will skip that second like it will go from 611 to 613 its weird. I use verbatim dvd-r's.........and I have an i/o magic 8x dvd burner.............please help someone............I use nero recode 2 and nero to burn it.......

2. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Get blanks rated for 8x
    And then burn them @ 4x
    See if your standalone DVD player likes that better :)
    L8R

3. zippyd

zippyd Active member

Also make sure you're using quality blanks. If you've read more than ten threads here at AfterDawn then you'll know to stay away from Memorex.

4. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

What brand standalone player do you have? If it doesnt have progressive scan (which is like a read buffer) it can struggle with DVD-R's (especially if the movies compressed). Some brands eg LG have macrovision hardware protection that can determine a genuine from a copy. This protection doesnt prevent the copy from playing but can distort the quality to the point you need to go down the pub to recover.

5. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Check the media code of your verbatim media. Make sure they are not cmc magnetics.

6. CALITINO

CALITINO Member

I have a memorex dvd player.............and I just purchased the verbatim 8x dvd-r's and burned them at 4x and It still froze for a second about 5 or 6 times during playback........I have an i/o magic dvd burner......someone help