1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD backup with dvdshrink wont play

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Wikd4lfe, Sep 20, 2003.

1. Wikd4lfe

Wikd4lfe Member

I tried to backup one of my son's DVD's using dvdshrink 3.0 beta 5 and burning with nero 6 ultra edition & a hp dvd3001 with maxell dvd+r media.
    the dvd will play fine in my computer dvd rom but it will not even start to play in my stand alone dvd player(apex ad-1110w)
    Thanks for any help

2. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

I am not sure about your exact model but I have the apex 1010(the 50 dollar wal-mart special) and it will not play ANY backup I have ever made period.I tried a few different disks too but nothing. They play fine on my other DVD players though. Something about the player. I was wondering if other Apex models did the same.

MAtt

3. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Wikd4lfe, I just checked on a few sites and found that the player you have is "supposed" to support DVD-R's. The site I found this on is http://www.betasptodvd.com/dvd-r.htm Hope this helps..

Matt

Last edited: Sep 20, 2003
  4. Wikd4lfe

Wikd4lfe Member

I've backed up movies before using dvd xcopy xpress and the played fine on my dvd player. lately when i use xpress it freezes up at 99%.

5. Wikd4lfe

Wikd4lfe Member

When i go to backup my dvd in dvd shrink, i get a warning about RCE Region Protection. if i leave the R.C.E. coding unmodified would that affect the playback on my standalone?

I'm beginning to think it is just the movie i tried xpress with Anger Managment and it worked fine. but this movie always frezzes at 99%

Last edited: Sep 21, 2003
  6. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

I think as long as you pick the correct region for that DVD it will work.

MAtt

7. Wikd4lfe

Wikd4lfe Member

I finally got the movie to work, but now my problem is the first part of the movie the audio is out of sync with the video.
    would that have anything to do with using nero to burn it with or would it be in the compression?