1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Backup wont play in dvd player?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by LiquidG, Jan 2, 2005.

1. LiquidG

LiquidG Member

I am having a problem, I try to do back up with 2 movies but movies read in dvd shrink, and burn ok but when I play it, it is just a blank screen or I get an error, I am using Ridata g04 Prodisc and a noname brand and none work, I made backups before of my xbox games ps2 games and movies but latly they have gone to hell wtf is wrong??? I am trying them in sony dvd player and 2 xbox's one with a samsung drive and one with a phillips drive. Has my dvd burner died, or do you think I need to reinstall my computer.

2. LiquidG

LiquidG Member

Come on I need help, could it possibly be the software or my computer, I figured out its most likley the burner im going to bring another burner from my other computer to see if it burns coasters also.

3. slmh1296

slmh1296 Guest

welcome to aD.first in reply to your Come on I need help you reposted here in like just under 2 hours you are not suppose to repst on the same problem for 24hrs. people here do this at thier leisure it is not a job for people.belive me i know how frustrating this shit can be.good old process of elimanation on changing drives will tell you if it is the drive. do the movie backups play on your computer if it does it is burning properly or is this where the problem is.it sounds like you are having the problem with a tv top player. did you recently try new dvd-r media.

4. silent85

silent85 Member

well you might be having problems with the copyright code they have on the cd so I would recommend rip wiht DVD Decrypter and use shrink to make it the right size then use nero or a decent burning software. I would look at ur dvd play to make sure it is compatible with DVD-R and it also depends on what cd ur are using. Maxell and Sony. There a few more but I can't remember them atm. What model is ur dvd palyer?

5. LiquidG

LiquidG Member

I am using high quality media that has always worked before, I am using dvd shrink and dvd dycrpiter, I have also tryed to burn at 2 x I, its not a copyright thing I can gaurntee it I put my Toshiba sd-r5112 but the burner I always use is the LG GSA-4160B and both seem to not be working, I have reinstalled but they still dont work, WTF could be causing this they read dvds they burn cd's but the make coasters for dvd's is there a better version of nero right now im using Nero 6603.

6. LiquidG

LiquidG Member

It seems I have fixed the problem, it seems it was the latest version of nero that was causing the problem, so I installed my version of OEM Nero Suit 3 and I got it to burn ok at 4 x and to play in my dvd player perfectly. One word of advice the new version of Nero completly sucks. *6.6.0.3*

Last edited: Jan 2, 2005
  7. silent85

silent85 Member

I haven't had a problem with Nero 6 Ultra Edition
    and I got LG Super Multi DVD/CD Rewriter GSA-4160B
    Internal E-IDE / Atapi
    DVD : 16x 8x 4x 5x 16x
    CD : 40x 24x 40x

and I have no problems with burning from cds but I am on the learning of converting avi and mpeg to dvd format.

8. ozy

ozy Regular member

hey silent85,
    You may want to try the new proggy released by the creaters of "1click dvd copy" it's in beta mode at the moment but they say it will convert avi, divx, not sure about mpeg but, to dvd. Have a gander at the bottom of the page here. download and give it a try. I have no need for this program at the moment but maybe later down the track.
    http://www.1clickdvdcopy.com/download.html

Last edited: Jan 2, 2005
  9. maven1975

maven1975 Regular member

Sounds like a media issue, prodisc is not a good dye at the best of times.

I know you said they have worked before but these new disc could be from a different batch.

I suggest you try Ritek or Fuji dye as these discs provide better DVD playback.

Oops did not see you found the problem to be with Nero, but i still stand by my media comments.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2005