1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD backup works fine on PC, but not on DVD player

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by maverrick, Dec 30, 2003.

1. maverrick

maverrick Member

After reading these forums, I have used the DVD shrink, and NERO software under many methods on my new DVD recorder, and using both -R and +R disks to get one of my backups to work on my regular Toshiba DVD player that's connected to my TV. The Backups work fine on my PC, but not on the Toshiba. One person told me to create a new directory called AUDIO_TS, and put all other files in a VIDEO_TS directory. This allowd the new backups to work on my PC, ... but not on the TV. I get a "DISC ERROR" when I insert it into my TV DVD player. NERO has many options for backing up DVD's, (ISO, ISO/UDF, UDF ... ) how do I know which one to use??? Thanks for any help you can provide.

2. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Have a look at http://www.dvdrhelp.com and check out the dvd compatibility listing (option on the left of the page) for your player, I have heard some Toshiba players are swines sometimes.........

For a Nero guide (version 5) goto http://www.chrismccann.co.uk give it a try......

The UDF/ISO I found was most compatible, but never tried on a Toshiba.....

I had an LG3200e which would only work on UDF Only option........maybe worth trying that one aswell....

Hope this helps.....

3. wardair

wardair Member

i have a toshiba stand alone and have no problems with back ups i use dvd shrink and nero and dvd-r and they play fine burnt at all sppeds 1,2,4 i have a pioneer A06 they also work on my apex ps2 and computer

good luck hope u figure it out