1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd backups

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by EasyMoney, May 21, 2004.

1. EasyMoney

EasyMoney Member

I am backing up my dvd collection, so far I have about 25 backed up with no problems. Now all of a sudden movies that I back up have a few bad spots during the course of the movie. It drives me nuts, want it to be perfect like the original one. I am currently using smart ripper with dvd2one v1.40. I even tried dvd shrink with the same results. If anybody has any suggestions, how to fix this problem it would be much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

2. cozza1987

cozza1987 Guest

Sounds like another case of bad media....

What blank media are you using ?

Regards
    CoZZa

3. EasyMoney

EasyMoney Member

I am using Ritek, but its not the media. The few bad spots are actually in the movie that is stored on my harddrive, from being ripped. I even started using DVD43, with DVD2One and still had bad spots during the movie playback. I tried DVD Shrink with the same results. The original movie is perfect, no bad spots at all, this is driving me nuts, I even went as far as to rebooting my computer, which did not help. There has to be something little that is causing this.

4. ellizit

ellizit Guest

Have you given DVD Decrypter a try? If not, might be worth it, seeing how it's free.

5. cozza1987

cozza1987 Guest

What is your computer specs ? eg processor speed, mememory, hard drive size, OS etc..

Regards
    CoZZa

6. EasyMoney

EasyMoney Member

I have a Intel 2.6, overclocked to a 3.0, with 756mb memory, with two 80 meg harddrives, with an elitegroup 648FX-A motherboard. I also have a pioneer 107D dvr drive. You know to come to think about it, I never had a problem with my old AMD 1.0mhz proccesor and other motherboard. I think this problem started after I updated my computer a few months back. I think I might put my old stuff back in and rip a movie to see what happens.

7. EasyMoney

EasyMoney Member

Yes I have tried DvD Decrypter and it works fine if your able to use it in ISO mode with no errors. If you rip a larger movie in the file mode, it usually has from 3 to 10 bad spots throughout the movie. I tried that intervideo which was really bad.