1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd backups

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by 2chevy, Jan 9, 2005.

1. 2chevy

2chevy Member

Heres the skinny of it.Got a benq dw1620 burner for xmas.Been using dvd shrink 3.1 and sometimes nero 6.
    Also been using mitsumi dvd+r to burn onto.I have had no problems it seems.Made backups of all my movies.
    Then last night when I tried to play on my pioneer dv353 player one of the movies...part way through it goes all glitchy..pixelated and freezes up.So I check all my other ones and they freeze up neer the same place.I know the copy of troy I made worked fine the first time...so i throw it in..now it's pixelated too.
    I can't figure it out.So I check all my backups and there are problems with them all.I tried them on my pioneer..and my cheap ge from walmart...same thing.But...when I throw them in the playstation2...they play fine , except for blade2..it still freezes.
    Go figure.I also have been putting on my own covers.Thought that was it but I tried one without one...and same thing.What can it be? I have been using dvd shrink to do it all...compress and burn.Am i diong something wrong here?I returned those crappy mitsumi cd's to fs and bought some memorex dvd-r to see if that would make a difference....niether player would recognize the disk at all know with -r's yet ps2 still does.Is my 2 dvd players pooched...or am I just diong bad burns?I d/l this thing called dvdinfopro...that scan the burnt dvd...the few I did came up good? Please help..very frustrated.

2. kyrainman

kyrainman Guest

I have had similar problems. 1} Memorex DVD's are not very good. Try Fuji or Verbatim. Or you could buy Riteck DVD's on the internet. I find Ritek +R diac's work better than their -R discs. 2} Stop putting labels on the DVD's. All the DVD's that I used heavily printed labels I had this same problem. If you're going to use labels I have found that If you put only the movie name and possibly the release date you won't have a problem. Make sure you apply the labels with a product like DVD Stomper.

3. 2chevy

2chevy Member

well the labels are off and they all work fine...i knew it...i read it everywhere about to use or not to use.So i'm back into the swing of things and can save those movies in backup again.While i'm here , any chance of getting some straight up info on making 2 svcd's into 1 so I can burn on 1 dvd? Iv'e read to use tmpeg and all this other stuff...but so far what I've read says it doesnt always work right with the audio and stuff.Not like I have alot to change over.My sister sent me a few and i wanna change em over.Thanks in advance :)