1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Bakup Without Sound

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by hhuffman, Nov 1, 2004.

1. hhuffman

hhuffman Member

Hello All,
    I have just backed up a copy of a movie with DVD-Shrink and for best audio quality, chose only to record the DTS audio and not the AC3. After I copied with Nero, there is no sound on the backed up disk.

Also, I copied with Nero following the directions listed on this site, which doesn't say anything about selecting the audio files to record, only the VIDEO_TS files. Should I be copying over the Audio files as well, or do I only need to copy over the video?

Thank you,
    Heath

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Why don't you try to leave all AC3 and remove DTS. Your audio will work then. If you want DTS you have to have both, but then you lose on picture quality.

3. hhuffman

hhuffman Member

Is the problem that some players do not read DTS? I have a current Toshiba DVD player. Also, I am a little confused that when I copy with DVD Shrink it creates both a video and audio folder, but when copying with Nero, I am told only to burn the Video folder. Am I doing this correctly, and if so, why does it work this way?
    Thanks,
    Heath

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

You only burn the video_ts file, the audio_ts file is empty. In my experience, if I did just DTS, I only got sound for the first half. When I always leave all AC3 I get audio through the whole movie.

5. hhuffman

hhuffman Member

Thanks a lot Flip! I appreciate your responses.