1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd book typeing

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by camaro24, Mar 2, 2007.

1. camaro24

camaro24 Member

I got me some TY dvd-r 8x dvds and when i burn through nero it dont give me an option to change the book type but through decryptor and imgburn it does. When i use some cheaper fuji film dvd+r's it gives me the option to change the book type in nero. So whats the deal guys? I also had one of my ty dvds to fail to burn at 4x trough nero and i've never had that to happen with the cheap dvd's? Thanks for input in advance.

2. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Booktyping can ONLY be done with DVD+R

3. camaro24

camaro24 Member

Thanks for the info. now i feel real dumb. Since i cant book type my dvd's to dvd rom will this effect the quality they play back on stand alone players. I figure since there TY's they should play in about any player that supports dvd-r.

4. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Basic answer NO....there will be absolutely NO noticeable quality difference....dont feel dumb, we are all here to learn. Good luck.

5. camaro24

camaro24 Member

Thanks for the responses Gwendolin. I'm proud I learned something new. Thanks again