1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Buring and DVR/HD systems

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Pertions, Dec 31, 2004.

1. Pertions

Pertions Member

I am trying to find away to burn movies from my DVR that I have recorded from my cable TV on to either a dvd or just put the movies on my computer. I am working on it but if anyone has any ideas or answers let me know. Also how to record TV shows or TV movies onto my computer or onto DVD or CD.

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Here at AfterDawn we have a super neat tool called a "Search" engine. It's loaded with stuff that covers your question - Here, I'll show you how to use it -
    Now the following is a little confusing so stick with me, ~ ~> There is a box at the top of each and every page that is empty and has by it the word "Search." By typing in a request, in your case, "DVD VR to DVD" - It should give you some Ads from "Goggle" for helpful programs designed to aid you with the work you're trying to do. Under that, you'll see different threads throughout our forum that may answer in greater detail any questions that you may have dealing with your project. Answers to questions from pple who are doing the same thing as you or something very similar. You'll find lots you can use, some stuff you cannot :<(- Take a lQQk around and see if something applies or not.
    You with me up till now ? Good ! Now, after you've arrived at that page, if you can't find what you want (and that's unlikely), then, under the word "Forum" and "Forum Search," in some very small print, you'll see "Search options" then "Site-wide search" in really tiny print. Heh, heh, Ya still with me ? Yea, I know it's messed up - Anyway, by "clicking" on that "Site-wide search", you'll get a whole ton of Guides and related information about your topic, " DVD VR to DVD". I'm sorry it's so "round about" and confusing and requires mouse clicks on your part but, we do have a lot of information for you :)

Browse on through that and once you've begun using a guide, and you've become stuck, just stop on back and we'll try to help you over whatever "bump" in the road you've hit or are having trouble with.] -

Cheers and Happy New Year,

Pete

3. Pertions

Pertions Member

Thank you for the Sarcastic Help but What is DVD-VR the sites I found while searching what you said to search for in your so, "confusing", explanation, (Although I didn't fin it all that confusing and am sorry you find that kind of stuff confusing in your mind, I suggest a tutor), I didnt find much, although I am still looking into some of those sites about recording from A TELAVISION or a DIGITAL VIDEO RECORDER/CABLE BOX. this is something new to methere is not much I don't know how to do on a computer but I have never tried untill now to try and find away to hook my cable's DVR box to my computer, whitch is what I was asking, is if anyone already DEFANITLY knows, not were to find it as I am already doing that and trying it on my own, try and fail and try again, whitch some should try they might learn a thing or two in the prossess.

Mike

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Mike,

Judging by your spelling skills I could well understand how you weren't able to find any information. I tried to explain, in a simple manner, how to do a search which, judging by your query, you hadn't done. Rather than make a comment about not doing ground work I thought that if, "I taught a man to fish, he could eat for a year."

If you wish to elicit sarcasm I shall be more than happy to accommodate you - Otherwise don't ask for help then "snap" at the hand that feeds you -

Pete

5. Pertions

Pertions Member

Pete
    If you chose to be sarcastic in your answers, don't bother unless its just th fact that you may have too much time. I asked my first question looking for someone who might know ways to accomplish what I was asking, or simply just some ideas as there are many ways to do this. Some I have figured out on my own, some with help, some are faster, some are cheaper. My question was to find the fastes easiest ways at that moment, with what I was doing at that point. You chose to respond in a sarcastic manner as if you were giving directions to a child. Which I assure you I am not. Next time you respond to a forum, add, or question like the one I had asked, your response should be instead of trying to make your self sound "smart" with your explanation on how to do a "search" and what to search for, which I may add makes you sound like a child, try to answer the question it self, if you actually have the knowlage of it, as I am sure most people, especially people who would even be posting on a forum site already know how to do search's! But if you just learned yourself how to search and felt the need to explain to someone else how to do a search, Good for you, A for effort. But you can only teach a person something they, don't know. Makeing you not much help.
    Mike

6. Veblin

Veblin Active member

If you want to record directly to a DVD, buy a DVD recorder.
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=dvd+recorders

If you want to get your video to your computer, we need to know what type of DVR you have.

If it's based on Replay TV, then it is just a matter of installing the correct software.
    http://www.g4techtv.com/screensavers/features/564/Burn_ReplayTV_to_DVD.html
    http://www.g4techtv.com/screensavers/features/426/Play_Your_PCs_Video_Files_on_ReplayTV.html
    http://www.g4techtv.com/screensavers/features/44251/Turn_Your_PC_Into_a_ReplayTV_Unit.html

If it's based on TIVO, then it will need a more expensive hardware and software solution.
    http://www.ptvupgrade.com/products/DVRchive/

If it something other than that go back to the first solution above.

7. Pertions

Pertions Member

yes, I do have DVD burners, I use the Plextor PX-716UF, and my DVR's are Scientific Atlanta's Explorer 8000 and Explorer 8000HD.

8. Pertions

Pertions Member

but I am new in learning how to burn my movies from my DVR, I have not done that yet, fully and correctly.