1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd buring problems

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by bigstaff, Jul 24, 2007.

1. bigstaff

bigstaff Member

Hi,my problem is my dvd drive will not burn anything.I have tried to burn avi files to disc and it all works until it comes to the final burning onto the disc then it aborts it.I have tried also to burn data to disc and that gets aborted as well,but i can burn normal cds with it no problem.The drive i have is a Emprex DVDRW IDE1008 combi and i am now using Nero 7 Ultra, also when i get Nero up the cd tray opens and shuts on its own several times and when i put a dvd in with data on it the whole screen goes blank and i lose everything on the desktop until i take the disc out.The dvd drive i took out from another comp i no longer use and it worked fine in that one. Thanks

2. attar

attar Senior member

Do you have a Nero log you can post?

http://my.afterdawn.com/locoeng/blog_entry.cfm/385

Run Nero Tools > Nero Info tool and check the 'Configuration' tab.

Is the drive installed on the secondary IDE channel and set as 'master'?
    Is DMA shown as being 'on'

[​IMG]

3. bigstaff

bigstaff Member

Hi,no i dont have a log to post as it just aborts it without asking if i want one.When i went into the nero tool config it brought up a different page to the one you posted.It shows for the dvd drive that the supported DMA modes being UDMA 0-4 and next line current DMA modes UDMA 4 only.I put on siw.exe on and found that the dvd drive location is secondary controller and master drive.I dont no about the DMA being on or not ,hope this is useful.

4. attar

attar Senior member

It sounds like the drive settings are correct.
    Try this to eliminate Nero or the burner.
    If everything works then maybe a clean reinstall of Nero is required.
    Good luck.

Convert the AVI's with this program:

http://dl.afterdawn.com/vsoDivxToDVD_setup_v0.5.2b.exe
    Import the file(s) (AVI, WMV,MPEG, VOB)
    Output (standard DVD file format) to a folder on the HDD.
    Set 'Aspect' to 4:3 (if you have a regular tv)
    Set 'Standard' to NTSC (if you live in North America)

Then burn with ImgBurn

http://www.imgburn.com/

Run ImgBurn
    Mode > 'Build'
    Output > 'Device'
    File > 'Browse for Folder', highlight on the 'VIDEO_TS' folder, > 'OK'
    Set speed to 4x and click the green write button.

5. bigstaff

bigstaff Member

Hi,i did all that you said everything went fine and it said it was all completed.But when i went to play the disc nothing was on it.I forgot to mention before that i had an earlier version of Nero that i had trouble with,it was at the beginnig of the operation rather than the final burning thats why i upgraded to ultra and now have different problems.Also i have several updates for Nero that are ready but it was taking 4 hours plus and still not done and i had to turn the comp off so never got to finish them.Hope this is useful.

6. attar

attar Senior member

This was with Nero out of the picture, so that leaves the media.
    Try some media that says 'Made in Japan' on the package or 'Verbatim'.
    The output folder from the conversion still exists so try it with ImgBurn at 4x.
    Good luck.

7. bigstaff

bigstaff Member

Thanx for your help i will try that.

8. bigstaff

bigstaff Member

Hi i now have an update on this situation.I tried to burn a dvd straight from another dvd using Nero and that worked.So i tried again from the files and watched what was happening and noticed that it was being aborted because the cd tray was coming out in its own again and Nero was thinking i am aborting the program that is why i was not getting a log.This cd tray opening only happens with Nero,i went into the drive and turned off the automatic eject when complete but that made no difference,will now try an uninstall and reinstall.Thats all i can think of unless you can think of anything.Thanks

9. killalot

killalot Active member

My brother had one of those DVD burners not sure if it’s the same model as yours had all kinds problems with it he updated the firmware which helped not a very good brand update the firmware if you can see if that helps