1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Burn Testing

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by WisVikFan, Jan 31, 2008.

1. WisVikFan

WisVikFan Member

I recently posted about using my CloneDVD2/AnyDVD and having Pixelation problems. Got help and good advice about setting my Clone to 4300 and that seemed to help after I burned two movies. I still have some bad files at the end of the disc after using Nero Speed test. I think I will go buy a new burner (IDE) unless USB types are good. Need recommendations. However, need help, confused. I burned the latest Harry Potter and Nero test showed bad files (red), but when I played in my Pioneer 510HS dvd recorder, movie played fine. When I put in Denon DVD, it froze half way thru movie. Why would it play in Pioneer, even though it had some bad files? My Sony DRU710 is at least 3 years old and old firmware. Would I be better off buying a new burner with T Y Discs or Sony Japan discs? You guys on this site are wonderful, thank you for all the help.

2. attar

attar Senior member

It sounds like substandard media, not a bad burner.
    If you are burning at a moderate speed (4x) on the likes of 'Verbatim', it should play on most anything without breaking up.
    It's not unusual for a borderline disk to play ok on the PC burner without problems, then fail on a standalone player.

3. edlonwlf

edlonwlf Member

WisVikFan - attar has a point what type of media are you using? I have a computer that is 5 years old max bruning speed of the burner is 2x. Needless to say the firmware is just as old. But I have no problem burning on that PC as long as I have my setting correct and a DVD+R. The settings I am refering to are the ones that you mentioned. I only had a problem with edge exclussion while burning a episode disc.