1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Burn to DVR Buner

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by DustinVo, Apr 29, 2002.

1. DustinVo

DustinVo Guest

Hi there,
    I am really new about the DVD Burning. I have a DVD-RW and I need help from you guys.
    How many steps that I need to burn my DVD to DVD Disc (NOT CDR-disc). What tools and which steps that I need to do first in order to get my DVD complete. Thanks.

2. g8torb8t

g8torb8t Member

You need 2 programs. SmartRipper 2.41 and Prassi PrimoDVD 2.0. I've tried all of the other stuff, and this works best for me.

Make a directory on your hard drive named; VIDEO_TS. Example C:\VIDEO_TS. If you have two drives, use the biggest you have with the most room available.

1. Insert DVD into DVD burner.
    2. Open SmartRipper 2.41.
    3. Select: Files; Select: All
    4. Select: Start, wait until files are copied.
    5. Close SmartRipper 2.41. & insert blank DVD-R into DVD burner.
    6. Open Prassi PrimoDVD 2.0.
    7. Select: Data Disc.
    8. Drag entire VIDEO_TS folder into Prassi PrimoDVD 2.0. I open "My Computer" select hard drive VIDEO_TS is on, and drag it to Prassi PrimoDVD 2.0. It works, so I don't change it.
    9. Hit "RED" record button and let it record.
    When it's finished, you should have a working copy of your store bought DVD.

3. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

The method described above works only for DVDs larger than 4.36GB. And you can actually do the same with one tool -- DVD Decrypter allows you to rip _and_ burn the whole thing at once.

4. DustinVo

DustinVo Guest

Hi there,
    Thank you for quick respond. However, if the movie is larger than 4.7 GB then what should I do?. However, if I want to rezise the movie smaller with 2.0GB so I can put 2 movies in the blank disk.Please advice. Thanks.

5. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Correction: obviously movies _smaller_ than 4.36GB.

But you spotted that one anyway :)

If you are asking to reduce the quality in order to fit more movies on one DVD-R, you're very likely going to end up using the same process as you would make SVCDs -- with two exceptions, the resolution should be 720x480 or 720x576 (NTSC or PAL) and the audio should be either left as it is (AC3 normally) or to be downmixed to 48kHz MP2.

6. vobhead

vobhead Guest

You have 3 options for backing up your DVDs.

1. After ripping, stripping, and if the files are smaller than 4.3gb, you can put it on one dvd-r.

2. If it is larger than 4.3gb, you can split them to 2 dvd-r or 1 double sided dvd-r.

3. If it is larger than 4.3gb and you really want to keep it on 1 single sided dvd-r than you will have to downsize the bitrate and re-encode to get the dvd under 4.3gb (But why would you want to degrade the video by downsizing?).

More info, guides, and tools can be found at: http:\\www.doom9.org

VobHead