1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Burn won't recognize CD or DVDs of any kind

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by iba5000, Aug 4, 2007.

1. iba5000

iba5000 Member

I have a DVD+/-DL DVD Burner (SUPERA DSM-6S155P) and it wont recognize anything. Meaning it can't read any regular DVD/CDs and it can't read any blank CD/DVDs. The only time it can read anything is after I restart the computer. I'm using Nero Express version 7. I have problems running Nero Burning Rom 7, I get an "Internal Error" then the program shuts down. I like using Nero Express better anyways. I'm just wondering if anyone knows a way that can fix my burner so it can read again, without having to restart my computer everytime to read a disc. This just happened recently. I tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling by restarting the computer but this didn't work. Please help me.

Thanks

2. res2cue

res2cue Guest

have you checked to make sure your firmware is up to date? Re-install Nero? Do you have any conflicting programs? eg: dvd43/anydvd or Roxio/Nero installed together?

3. iba5000

iba5000 Member

I have had nero/anydvd running at the same time and I never had this problem. I did uninstall nero tried it didn't work, reinstalled nero still isn't working. I still need help on this, but where would i find the software to update the firmware for my DVD Burner.

Thanks