1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd burner comes up as a cd burner

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by doctor9, Oct 7, 2007.

1. doctor9

doctor9 Member

hi, im trying to backup a ps2 game and no matter what software i use(alcohol 120,dvd decrypter,clone dvd)when i try to put in my device(nec dvd 3550a burner) it shows up as a cd burner and actually shows no information even though i have the game in it. anybody know how to switch it back to dvd format? thank you

2. dizzyduck

dizzyduck Regular member

Did you check your device manager and see what your drive is recognized as? Also, is the PS2 game you are backing up a CD or DVD-ROM based game? A lot of times, if you put in a CD-ROM PS2 game (usually these are the very old games) your DVD drive will be recognized as a CD burner. Also, what method are you using to backup?

3. doctor9

doctor9 Member

hi dizzy,
    im trying to back up a dvd game. star wars battlefront. in the device manager it shows nec dvd -rw. i tried using dvd decrypter, clone dvd, alcohol 120. every time i put the game in the software dont see it as a dvd .

4. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

windows XP often shows DVD burners as CD drive when a blank or burned DVD is in there..... it's always been a bug and seems to be corrected with Vista!

5. doctor9

doctor9 Member

thats just it, its not a burned dvd its the legit game im trying to backup because my son destroys every game