1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd burner compatible with nero?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by sunzapped, Mar 5, 2005.

1. sunzapped

sunzapped Guest

i am not able to burn cd's on my laptop with nero 5.5.9. i have nero on my desktop and i love it. i would like to be able to use nero on my laptop as well. my burner is a matshita dvd-ram uj-820s dvd/cd-rom drive. i went to the nero website and looked to see if my burner was compatible with nero and it did not list my specific burner, it listed other matshita's. i am able to burn dvd's on my burner with dvd x copy just fine. my laptop is only 5 months old and it has a 70GB hd. if you could just tell me if there is a way for me to still use nero on my laptop that would be great, if there is not a way because of incompatibility then could you recommend another software as good as nero. thanks sunzapped

2. Hallywood

Hallywood Regular member

sunzapped,
    I'm only guessing here but, it looks as though your drive does not support cd burning. I would contact the manufacturer for info and details.
    HW.

3. sunzapped

sunzapped Guest

hi, my laptop came with sonic record now, so i'm pretty sure i should be able to do cd burning

4. sunzapped

sunzapped Guest

do you know of any burner problems with nero not being compatable? could this be the problem? sunzapped

5. Hallywood

Hallywood Regular member

I've done some searching and haven't been able to find anything on this particular drive. Matshida or Matshita is probably short for Matsushita. This company owns Panasonic and you may have some success looking there.
    HW.

6. sunzapped

sunzapped Guest

i know that when i looked in nero that matshita was in there as being compatible it just did not list my specific burner. have you ever heard of nero not working with certain burners? i really like nero on my desktop and would like it to work on my laptop can you please help me. i have looked at panasonic and matshita on the web and it really did not say anything that was of any help. can you please be of any help? sz

7. MJKING

MJKING Member

I am having same problem. Laptop burner is Mastshita DVD-RAM UJ-820S. Able to burn DVD but not CDs (fixation problem). Sonic RecordNow! Basic can burn CDs but unfortunately can't do multisession.

Any help will be much appreciated.

8. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

@sunzapped - what i would do as you have 5.5.9, is download an update. You got nothing to lose as you're entitled to an update (as far as i know anyway)..

update - found this, so it shows it's supported in Nero 6 something or other... http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?p=635548#post635548

as for sonic software, i usually throw away bundled software, so can't help you there..