1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD burner help

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by Burnt-Out, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Burnt-Out

Burnt-Out Member

I have a question, Sometimes my pc dosen't register my dvd burner. It happens maybe every other time I turn on my pc. It just won;t show up on the screen where all your drives are listed nor will it work. You can restart the pc and then it will reconize it and work fine. Thats pretty much all I know. Thanks for any help offered.

2. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Hey Burnt-Out

You might want to get a program called Registry Mechanic, you can download it for free at PCWorld.com.

This might find some problems with the OS. I had the same thing also with mine because I have alot of usb connected devices on my computer.

BTW, is the burner you are using internal or external. I am assuming that it is external from what you are saying. But if it is, then that would be your best bet.

Try that and then restart the pc and see if it shows up.

Hope this helps!

;)

3. Burnt-Out

Burnt-Out Member

Thanks for the info I'll try that. By the way the burner is internal and set as the master my cd rom drive is set as the slave. But I'll look into that program anyway thanks again.

4. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Well that's good. I hope everything works out for you!

;)

Yeah, the program is really good!

5. recondo

recondo Guest

You might want to check all youe connections to the mobo.