1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD burner not Recognized when using DVDXCopy

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by bomber6te, May 2, 2004.

1. bomber6te

bomber6te Member

I can use the DVD burner as a player all day long but, when I try to burn a back-up of any movie using DVDXCopy I get an error message, within DVDXCopy, that basically tells me that the computer does not recognize my DVD burner. This problem statred after the Win XP SP1 was installed on my computer. I have been to Microsoft and HP's websites for drivers but I still have not been successful. I had to do a system recovery after SP1 and now I have two folders in my hard drive; both are labeled identically but one has a .000 extension. The vast majority of the contents of these folders are identical, so I have not messed with them. Does anyone have any thoughts???

HP Pavilion 543, Pent 4, Win XP, w/HP dvd writer 200i

2. punchie

punchie Member

u can try this site,http://www.winxpnews.com/?id=123

may be u will find some thing there that will help u understand what u are dealing with.

3. woof811

woof811 Regular member

have you got any other burning program apart from dvd x copy ?
    my mate had the same problem as you dvd x copy would not recognize his burner .
    so this is what he did , downloaded dvd shrink and used nero to burn to burn his back ups.
    the software for dvd shrink and nero are available at this site and the guides to use them also .
    the nero download is a trial for 30 days .

4. 321sucker

321sucker Regular member

RE:bomber6te

What was the exact error message that you recieved while trying a burn with DVDXCopy.

5. bomber6e

bomber6e Member

Sorry guys, I misspoke. My DVD burner will not recognize anything. I had mistaken it for my DVD-Rom in the other drive.

The message I get when I try to burn is: "Can't find a DVD burner. Copy will be cancelled." When you click OK you get: "Can't get media formation."

I'm thinking that when the extra folder (.000) was added (because of the SP1 issue???) that the target in the properites is showing the old location of the software and not the new location.

6. 321sucker

321sucker Regular member

Try running the drive select.
    If using XP
    Click on the start> all programs> dvdxcopy platinum>drive select.

7. brobear

brobear Guest

And if that doesn't work, go into the add remove in the control panel and remove all 321 software. Then manually remove any that's left (using ininstall function in any remaining programs). Reboot and reload the program. It doesn't take that long and you don't have duplicate files to interfere with each other.
    _
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][bold]'brobear'[/bold]

[​IMG][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2004
  8. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Is your burner listed in the device manager? If its not there X copy sure won't see it. May need to re-install the burner drive.

Jerry

9. hijacker

hijacker Guest

I have the same issue you have.My X copy doesn't detect my burner.My Burner is a NEC ND 1300A and I have tried to upgrade my firmware along with everything else in the computer just for this program. Dvd x copy has a burning engine called pattin couffin. This is the burning engine that the program uses to burn the disc.If this doesn't install right the the program will not burn correctly, Causing you to have a collection of coasters.If you browse you x copy software you will find the pattin couffin setup on the disc.If nothing is displayed in the window then it won't work. My x copy would say that it would burn successfull but it would never play in my dvd player.It's all because of this pattin couffin burning engine if it don't work then the x copy is worthless it won't do you any good believe me I've tried. I even tried to call their tech support line geez what a waste.I only use use dvdshrink and the best of the best nero, and of course dvd decryptor.And guess what no coasters!!

10. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Imagine that!

11. 321sucker

321sucker Regular member

You can check pattin couffin by double clicking it.

Open windows explorer>program files>321studios>dvdxcopy.
    Now doulble click the pattin couffin icon.
    It should state:pattin couffin is ready and active.
    Also you should see the cd/dvd devices that are installed. There may be a plus or a minus there depending on whether you have a disk in the drive.
    Also, what version and version number of the DVD Copy software do you have?

12. stewart81

stewart81 Member

Use shrink and nero its much better