1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd burner won't read/write blank dvdr discs after rip

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by orchigami, Jan 7, 2007.

1. orchigami

orchigami Member

HI
    I just recently ripped beerfest, accepted, american pie the naked mile and the descent, and right afterwards my dvdrw writer stopped working, it won't write any blank DVDR discs they aren't even visible as media to write onto, I've tried Nero, I've tried alcohol and even AnyDVD rippers, I have a Lite-on DVDrw Sohw-812s writer as far as I know , I would really appreciate any help on this matter
    Please!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2007
  2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

when ever you have a problem with anything that quits working one day and the next it don't, what i do is do a system restore to the day before the problem started, and everything should be back to normal, good luck

3. orchigami

orchigami Member

already thought of that, it didn't work :(
    any other thoughts on what it could be?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2007
  4. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Have you rebooted? I know that is sounds like a dumb question but I have to ask. Check to see that ASPI isn't corrupt...you may need to uninstall ASPI and install forceASPI.

5. orchigami

orchigami Member

aspi wasn't the problem , it was running perfectly, appearently there was an adware program downloaded with my copy of accepted, supposedly I bought a pirated dvd from blockbuster video that had a home brewed program for deleting drives .... I had to reformat my drive and reinstall xp and all my current programs ... so any info to anyone who rents or purchases from blockbuster be weary.. I'm still trying to figure out what was on the dvd... I'm going to rip it again be back with info..... as much as possible

6. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

well did you take the dvd back to blockbuster video and get your money back? i would of and had them pay for fixing my system, also what dvd was it? all you would have to do is put dvd in the drive and go to properites and see what it is , also do a virus scan.

7. orchigami

orchigami Member

No I can't bring it back .. I threw away the receipt :(
    unless they do returns without receipts like some places do, although I do plan on letting them know what happened after I get out of work.
    the dvd was Accepted, there are no files besides the vts and video_ts files, all i can think of is that it was encoded into the registry when I ripped the dvd, I'm still trying to figure out what the file was I didn't recognize any unusual exe programs running

I plan on ripping the dvd again just to figure out what the program was I no longer have anything on my pc I need..

I just linked my pc to a friends pc via usb cables to rip everything I had on my pc that I previously needed, so all I have to do is reformat my drive after I figure out what the program was

thus my conclusion on that was "it wasn't a virus" as far as I can tell

be back later with more information

8. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Could have been a virus from else where that just happened to rear it's ugly head when working with this particular DVD.

9. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

well the dvd that you bought from blockbuster, and i am sure that it was a rental and thain they sold it to you so. you should have the dvd box it came in, and the case should have the blockbuster wraper on it, and i am sure the people know you if you go there quite a few times, and also they will have a record of the sale, just give them a date when you got the dvd, you should not have any problems at all if you just step up and do it.

10. orchigami

orchigami Member

I did get a refund thankfully, and the program name is w32ayd.exe It was in my windows system32 file in the 1027 file and was called of course w32ayd.exe and the program was easily deleted with killbox with a system reboot, so far I haven't noticed any more problems with my computer but if I do I will post back, if anyone else has this problem just download killbox
    at http://killbox.net/ and right click on your start button and left click explore then go to the windows directory and open up system32 and look for a file called 1027 and you should find an executable file called w32ayd.exe and just use killbox to delete that file hope this helps anybody who may read this