1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD BURNER

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by TomAce, Apr 30, 2003.

1. TomAce

TomAce Member

I've run into a little trouble and am stumped, so I was wondering if anyone here had any suggestions... I have an hp dvd 200e writer and an hp notebook pc. My dvd writer has two ways in which to connect to a computer. 1. through usb 2.0 and 2. through an IEEE 1394 port. For months, I have had my writer connected via usb 2.0, and have ripped, stripped, authored, encoded, and burned using this connection method with no problems whatsoever. Days ago, I decided to connect my dvd writer via my ieee 1394 port instead. Just to try it that way and see if I noticed any differences in speed and otherwise. Since I have made this switch, I have been able to rip dvds onto my hard drive with no problem, just as with the usb connection. however, when I try to burn onto a blank dvd via the ieee 1394 connection, the dvd will not burn. I use the latest addition of nero to burn my dvds, and have been doing nothing differently that I did when I had my burner connected through my usb port. When nero tries to burn the dvd, it is able to reallocate and sort the files, and starts the burning process, but then seems to stall, and never actually transfers any data from the hard drive to the burner, which results in my having to manually stop the burning process. I have tried everything and am stumped. I have since hooked my burner back up through my usb port and it is working fine of course, but I would like to figure out the problem with the ieee 1394 port. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

2. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

I'm not sure if this is the same problem, but I had a problem with my 1394 port and XP, due to the fact that XP had setup the 1394 port as a network interface (look under network properties). Disabling this solved my video capture issues.

Rgds,
    jnihil.