1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Burner

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by VELCRO5, Sep 25, 2004.

1. VELCRO5

VELCRO5 Member

What kind of dvd burner should i get to burn PS2 games, does it really matter which brand. Or should i look for the specifications, if so what should i look for: read Speed? write speed? buffer? or speacial features. and whats the difference when it says a dvd burner is a dvd+rw/-rw drive and a DVD±RW ?

2. mstan77

mstan77 Member

To my knowledge, the brand is irrelevant; however, you always want to stick with a brand name such as Sony, Pioneer, etc. for quality. When burning DVDs you always want to write at the lowest possible speed (1x or 2x works the best). And, all DVD writers come with a buffer. I have yet to come across one that doesn't. Last of all, it is best to buy a DVD burner that has both + and - because it is more versatile. You have the capability to burn both DVD formats. I hope this helps you out some :)

3. Ashman1

Ashman1 Regular member

mstan77 is right on, but if you want to spend a little more money get a dual layer burner. You can do a lot more with this type of burner.

4. coolboi83

coolboi83 Member

use alchol 120% to burn ps2 games

5. mstan77

mstan77 Member

I use DVD Decrypter to burn PS2 games. It's free and easy to use: just click, rip, and burn.