1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Burning - Audio problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by WelshBoa, Nov 20, 2003.

1. WelshBoa

WelshBoa Regular member

I've just started copying DVD's and the first one I burnt using DVD Decryptor, DVD2One and Nero 6 worked fine.

I then downloaded the trial version of DVD Shrink and tried copying a different DVD. I unclicked the foreign language boxes but made sure that both english boxes were still ticked.

I got sound on the menu screen, but the film itself is mute. Thinking it was my error, I re did the same DVD using my original process via DVD2ONE. The same thing happened!

I am at a loss as to what I am doing wrong. When I import the DVD into Nero it shows the size of the audio file etc but in the box showing "Audio tracks and subtitles" there is no text. Is this what it is? When I use DVD2One, when it finishes it just ends so I assume I still use the same file I originally decrpyted.

Sorry if this is vague but I'm running out of discs, time, and patience

Oh I'm using a Pioneer A06.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2003
  2. koola

koola Guest

Are you Re-authoring or just copying the DVD?

3. WelshBoa

WelshBoa Regular member

Re authoring.

Also found out that my trial version of DVD2One only copies half an hour of movie!

4. koola

koola Guest

Are you Re-authoring (Movie only) in DVD shrink or just copying the whole DVD disc!

5. WelshBoa

WelshBoa Regular member

The whole disk as I'm not sure on the audio channels what I can and cant delete. Shrink is really slow on my PC so would prefer to have used DVD2ONE. If I purchase it will it have more options too?

Cheerss

6. koola

koola Guest

DVD2One would not have any more features if you bought it.
    If think CloneDVD might be better for you as a newbie. CloneDVD will compress your DVD to one disc and then burn to DVD once done. This is excellent software and a must have. CloneDVD has a trial and is vaild for 21 days I think. If you use Clone, you will need AnyDVD which will decrypt your DVDs and allow CloneDVD to backup the DVD.

Use the guides on my site (Link below) for help and if you have any further question, please post here.

Good Luck :D

7. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi koola, you seem to like clonedvd and anydvd so I downloaded them and tried it last night to see what it is like. Only thing I unchecked in audio was the foreign ones. Movie was MIB II. Burned it to dvdrw. playback NO AUDIO. Ever have this happen? I'll try it tonight again and won't uncheck anything. Seems like a simple program to use. May purchase if I get it work right. It was late so I didn't try again. Jerry

8. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi Jerry, Well I guess Ill download and see if I can do a disc without audio probs! I think it's great that you put in the extra effort to help people out.
    Frank

9. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi Frank, I,m actually a service manager for a small chain of 3 stores that sell electronics, major appliances, tools, and hardware. Because of my line of work, I have this problem of trying all kinds of new stuff and working out problems if possible. I sometimes create more than I solve but I try. I play with the burning software on one computer while I do things like inventory from work on another next to it. X copy express came with my drive as a package deal. Shrink was free.
    Now I'm trying clonedvd with anydvd just to see
    what its like and maybe answer questions later on down the road. This all helps me keep up to date. Jerry

10. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I just finished burning a movie using AnyDVD and CloneDVD. I have audio and all the extra features. The menus work. I used the little guide for any DVD by right clicking on the tray icon. AnyDVD just runs in the background ripping the encryption off whatever DVD is running. When I put the movie in I just started CloneDVD, picked the option that does a full feature, and selected my drive letter for the source. I was careful to select all the english audio options but unchecked the rest. The whole process took 40 minutes or maybe a little less. I burned a TDK 4X +R disc on a Pioneer A-06. They both worked well.

11. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi Frank, This mistake is on me. I said it was late. I forgot I installed a copy of Windvd Platinum on my system earlier that night. I already had Power dvd player on it. I guess they don't like each other. I uninstalled power dvd and the other one started working. I only lost audio on the 2 player programs. All other audio was there. I should learn to go to bed at a regular time. DVDclone seems nice to use. I think price is a little high $40. each. Xcopy express is down to $39. Shrink is free. If they had some sort of package price for both Clone and anydvd it would be better. Jerry

12. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I don't think Im gonna buy them either, but I have a soft spot for programs that let me keep the menu buttons working. I do most of my discs with Shrink 3.0 and Nero Burning ROM. I wonder if there are legal risks if a decrypting program like Shrink and a burning program (Burnatonce comes to mind) were combined into one program. I'm thinking of 321 Studiio's court battles. I wish them luck (and let them have my rebate).

13. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Your right Frank, DVDClone is nice that it keeps menus intact and operational. If Shrink would let you delete files from the 1st window and then backup, it would work about the same. I edited the shrink files off the HD one time before burning back and it worked ok. Its just easier to let the software help do it. Maybe there will be update to shrink someday. Jerry

14. koola

koola Guest

I'm glad to see that CloneDVD and AnyDVD worked for you two. I can understand that you prefer DVDShrink as it is free and excellent at compressing DVDs to your prefered level.
    I use DVDShrink alot as well!

Good luck for the future :D

15. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Thanks koola, I may still purchase clonedvd and anydvd. I guess once you purchase the key for them its lifetime. I already had to call 321studios for an update on my installs. I change HD, processors burners around all the time. I already starting to look for a better burner (dual format) to replace this HP 200j. Need to do some research on them. Thanks again for your input on Clonedvd. It is a good program like you said. Jerry

16. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

HI Jerry, I,ve switched DVD writers 3 times, started with my OEM Toshiba 5002, then an Optorite DD0203, now I have a Pioneer DVR-A06U. All have worked very well. I need the speed on my burner cause Im spending a lot of time fooling around with several programs instead of the ones Im used to. Im trying to use Nero Burning ROM in the UDF/ISO mode, following a guide for an earlier version. When I drag my files over it tells me the "compilation may not be DVD compliant, use the DVD video mode". hehe. I also tried using AnyDVD and Shrink together and ended up with 7 Gigs in my VIDEO_TS files. Fun stuff, experimenting. I read a post by Herbsman in another forum about how difficult things were a while back and how new folks don't have to learn very much. They didn't have the "one button" solutions. Now we can watch Dolly the sheep eat popcorn while our DVD rips. hehe
    Frank