1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Burning Errors!!!! HELP!!!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by faceless7, Nov 2, 2004.

1. faceless7

faceless7 Guest

I have recently been having problems burning DVD's. I had no previous problems doing this until lately. Im using Smart Ripper to Rip the DVD's and Instant Copy to Burn the discs. I have a Sony DRU-500 burner. Every time I try and burn a disc it starts burning and then I get various write failed messages. The most recent one being, "Write failed at sector 2256(16) Code 030c08. Write Error Recovery Fail." Any ideas as to what may be causing this? Ive tried reinstalling the drivers for the burner. Ive tried re-ripping the DVD's, Ive also tried system restoring my system to when the burning worked. Could this be that my burner is bad? Or is it more likely that I got some bad blank DVD's? Please help.

2. antons

antons Member

grap one or two different quality blank's - try them out.

If they fail...then it isn't the media..

I would guess it is the media, is the media new brand or new spindle?

3. faceless7

faceless7 Guest

It's about halfway through a spindle of 100.

4. antons

antons Member

take one from the bottom... If there comes a error in production, the bad disc's tends to stay close together in the spindles... I've had 3-5 disc's with errors in a spindle, then they are all close together.

If you are writing with hacked fw or on higher speed than your media or writer support's officialy, please correct that too.