1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Burning HELP!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by 77au, Apr 29, 2003.

1. 77au

77au Member

'm using > Smartripper > Dvd2One Conversion (this converts the files from the original disc?) and then > Copy to DVD > to burn onto a DVD-R Disc :

Burning both the VIDEO_TS & AUDIO_TS folders.

However when the burn is complete it seems to have NOT burnt the folders but only the files as a data type DVD format.

What am I doing wrong?

Is it a user or software issue...i'm guessing I'm missing something in the burning process.

Thanks

Robb

2. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

Try Nero. Or I use RecordNow.

3. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Never tried that burning software, however just an observation.

I did not think dvd2one (after conversion) left you with a VIDEO_TS and an AUDIO_TS folder, It just creates a VIDEO_TS folder in my conversions?????????
    - then I just burn that folder with nero/recnowmax.

Have you got the data INSIDE the VIDEO_TS folder (ie ifo/bup/vob)?

Are you definately doing the dvd2one bit correctly.

ie make a folder on your desktop called VIDEO_TS and point dvd2one to THAT FOLDER AS THE DESTINATION.

send more info - what is your method etc.

4. 77au

77au Member

OK,

I use smartripper to extract the files from the DVD in question.

DVD2ONE to encode (?) i guess that is what it does and then .....

DVDTOCOPY burns the files from my folders named VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS.

The end result is more of a DVD date back-up disc rather than a DVD which can be played or viewed on computer or TV.

It seems to burn the files but it's nothing more than documents or files. *VOB *IFO and the like.

When i put the disc back in the computer is displays the DVDR as "Documents & SE" via my DVD drive ???

I try to play the disc on my DVD player and it tell me to CHECK DISC as an error message.

Thanks

5. malum

malum Regular member

*sigh*

Put all of those files in a folder called VIDEO_TS then also create an empty folder called AUDIO_TS

Burn both those folders to a DVD

Do some reading

6. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Talk about an obvious solution, god dam it I missed out on that - lesson learned.

7. MikeBUK

MikeBUK Guest

It's so simple really. Just use Nero5.5 and use the wizard. Then click on 'video' where it says 'New' then drag all the files to the empty column and burn. You don't need to bother with 'audio' at all. I also use DVD Shrink for ripping which is dead easy with good options and results.

8. 77au

77au Member

malum

That is exactly what i've done and it doesn't work....as stated previously in my post.

thanks anyway *sigh*

9. malum

malum Regular member

"It seems to burn the files but it's nothing more than documents or files. *VOB *IFO and the like."

Doesn't sound like it to me

10. natish

natish Member

Hey,
    i'm relatively new to this too and I won't treat you like an idiot like some of the others here. You know, they all had to start somewhere too.
    anyway......This is what I use and it works fine.
    1.DVDShrink..........freeware
    2.DVDdecrypt...........freeware
    3.Daemon Tools........freeware
    4.Pinnacle Instant Copy........about $40 but it has a $20 rebate through may 31.

If you want the menus and all you use DVD decrypt but since you're putting more onto the disk the quality goes down.
    I'll tell ya how to do JUST the movie file so quality stays high.

For this use DVD Shrink.
    Click on ReAuthor.Click Add.Choose just the movie file....the biggest file. Click Crop and then the exact point you want to start by using the sliders.Also set exact point you want to end cutting out credits etc if that isn't important to you.
    Then you hit finish and it encodes it down to the smallest file it can. If this is less than 4.38GB you can burn it with NO loss.
    If it's bigger than 4.38GB you're still ok.
    Save this to a file.
    Open Instant Copy.Choose hard drive and double click it. Choose the .IFo file that is in that folder that you just saved.Click Start and it will burn it to one DVD-r.
    Now if it's a big movie....Gladiator......We Were Soldiers, etc. When you use DVD Shrink you can split it to more than one disk to keep it from being too compressed and losing quality.
    When you set the start point.set the end point in the middle...say 1h 20m 00s.
    Save that to a folder then go back and start at 1h20m00s and end at the end of the movie. Save that to a second folder.
    Now when you burn each onto a seperate disk, the movie will be split. Since you are putting only 1/2 the info on each disk the compression ratio is less and quality is higher. Hope this helps.

Last edited: May 2, 2003