1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd burning help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dzo, Oct 28, 2003.

1. dzo

dzo Member

hi, I am an extreme beginner at this and I am really hoping for some advice..
    I have an .mpeg movie I downloaded on my hard drive and want to burn it to a dvd so I can play it on my stand alone dvd player.
    I believe I need to convert my mpeg movie to dvd - but I cant seem to find a program that will do that, and from there- burn to dvd.

I know some dvd players play mpeg, and if I go that route, can you put mpeg on a dvd or does it have to be on a cdr? (My dvd players wont read a cdr).

I have downloaded a bunch of programs trying to do this: nero, dvd decrypter, winmpg video converter & 1st video converter - but none of these programs convert mpeg TO dvd.

Am I way off here - or am I heading in the right direction...? HELP!
    Thanks so much! ~D

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

OK...One of the better Mpeg2 encoder is called TMPENc (edited by moderator to clean up the link) ...after encodeing to Mpeg2 you will need to author the Mpeg2 file to DVD useing a DVD authoring Program..One very simple one to use is called "Tmpgenc DVD author" it will author your Mpeg2 file with Menu"s and Chapters that you set up to a Video-TS folder that it will then burn to a DVD-R or you can burn to DVD-R useing something like Nero...Cheers

Last edited: Nov 1, 2003