1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD burning help

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by screamdud, Apr 11, 2007.

1. screamdud

screamdud Member

I recently tryed to backup Thank You For Smoking. I have tryed the regular DVD Shrink and then DVD Decrypter way and the Ripit4me way, but both didn't work. I am not "super" advanced at backing up DVDs but I feel I have a good general idea on how to do different methods. I am not sure if it is a Sony disk or not. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to burn it or has anyone here actually successfully burned this DVD? Any help would be great. Thanks.

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

This was an easy one.
    Try DVDFab Decrypter. If that doesn't work, you may have a bad disc. You can also try cleaning your laser lens and the disc.

3. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

screamdud- You may want to try Anydvd & Clone dvd Together ! I realize that they are both programs that you have to pay for but you can download them for free to try them out first !

4. screamdud

screamdud Member

I looked at the disk and it is extremely clean and play perfect, i tryed the DVDfab method but it freezes at the screen that says the movie is rated R. At that screen my DVD player begins to make weird noises. By the way i have burnered many other DVDs before and I am 100% positive my DVD player can play they type of DVD that I use and can play backedup movies. I also tried the anydvd and clonedvd but before I burn the movie, (I mount it to a virtual drive and they seem to play fine off the computer but not off a DVD player.) it seemed to come out a little unsmooth, like some parts were jerky. Thanks for the help though, any other ideas?

5. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

What is the name of the media you're using?

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

How much compression are you getting with this movie?
    What speed are you burning at?

7. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

screamdud
    I used RI4M 1710 for the decryption. Ripped in Full DVD using the 1-Click mode. I used RB Pro/CCE SP to encode the ripped files and Nero Express to burn the output. The backup came out excellent and I'm watching a 60" tv.

8. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

(predictably maybe) i did this one (like ALL new movies) with DVDFab Decrypter, followed by DVD Shrink. No extra programs and no faffing about. It's boring maybe but it works :)

Now if only the Admins would give me the power to close all DVD threads and just put up a neon banner saying "<insert movie name here> - just use programs X,Y and Z and you're home free" hehe

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I tried all of that here http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/183136 but no body reads it. Of course if they did there might not be much being asked in here LOL

10. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

You guys are trying to make it so quiet there'll be no one to talk to. ;)

You're right though. The software has gotten so good that all a person needs to do is use the software properly. With a functional system and good media, there's no reason why a backup shouldn't be successful. Software interference, hardware and media problems, along with user error are what we're usually trying to solve in the help threads. Often the problems are created by the owner or someone allowed to use the PC.

11. screamdud

screamdud Member

Thanks guys, I am going to try some of these methods soon, ill let you know how it worked for me. Also, what is RB Pro and CCE SP? Thanks again.

12. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

De nada.

RB Pro is Rebuilder Pro. http://www.jdobbs.com It's a macro that uses supported encoders to easily do the encoding job. It allows the use of programs like ProCoder2 and Cinema Craft Encoder (CCE) without having to suffer the steep learning curve associated with those programs. CCE SP is the $2000 version of the software. I'm lucky to have rich friends. ;) The $50 CCE Basic is what most people use. CCE SP has been replaced by CCE SP2. Guess they had to sell some more software.

To get a feel for the program there is a freeware version of RB and the free Hanks encoder. You can't use the CCE Basic trial because it times out. I think the new SP2 trial works, but the video output is marked. You can check in the Rebuilder forum on that.

De Nada ... again. ;)