1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD burning in Nero

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by hojo802, Jan 26, 2004.

1. hojo802

hojo802 Member

Hi! New here. I have a Pioneer DVR106 and Using Nero 6. When trying to burn any DVD, when I click on Write to burn, the screen go thru several motion and the program is stuck on "Checking Disc" and just stops. No Activity. I have unhooked my other DVD drive and check all my settings. Alternatively, I can burn CD using the same Nero and drive. I can also burn DVD using Instant Copy but that has problems with my DVD player so I am asking for help.

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Hope you havn't got Instant CD/DVD installed at the same time as Nero? Have you tried other disc brands?

3. hojo802

hojo802 Member

I use Norton Ghost to restore back to Pre_ Any DVD copying software installation condition so no I don't have Instant CD/DVD installed now. I heard that's a problem. I am using Ritek DVD-R 4X, could that be the problem? I mean, when I have Instant CD/DVD, it was working fine with that. Also my friend can burn the DVD that I have w Nero just to verify. I am running out of troubleshooting steps

4. Discmania

Discmania Active member

You may have a problem with a corrupted aspi layer. Try downloading this and try again - it's perfectly safe to install:-
    http://www.clonecd.net/aspi.htm
    Also check that your drives are set to DMA mode.