1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd burning issues

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by DigiCrime, Apr 17, 2007.

1. DigiCrime

DigiCrime Member

here lately i been picking up just isos from the net to burn on a dvd+rw to check out, format, rinse repeat sorta thing. Anyway some of them will work some wont. What is consistant is the fact that i cant burn them correctly.. say i unpack the movie, play it on the drive to check it out first plays fine. Unpack it into its own directory c:\movie\ with its two folders AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS I go to copy those to the dvd and it doesnt copy the folders, it copies the files not the folders though? How come? Im using Nero 7 I prefer leaving all the screen caps and extras intact and not use an authoring tool like nero recode or Ulead movie factory i think their called. Even after their copied the computer's dvd drive cant see the disk either just shows up blank. Confusing to explain.. want to keep the directory tree intact its just not burning it that way

Last edited: Apr 17, 2007
  2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

OK..... here is an easier way to burn your movies..... download ImgBurn, it's free! then you can just add the folder to the program for burning! whammmmmmm bammmmmm thank you mamm!!! all done!
    1. Load ImgBurn.
    2. Switch to 'Write' mode.
    3. Add folder you want to burn
    4. Set write speed in DEVICE tab
    5. Select your burner
    6. Click 'Write' button.

Make sure you use quality media. Rule of thumb.... use MIJs.... Made In Japan disks. they are the best and most recognized by DVD burners which make them easier to burn to and most reliable. Taiyo Yuden, Sony, Maxel, Fuji are some brands that have MIJs.... but make sure it says MIJ on the label of the box of spindle! Verbatim is another top notch brand but made in Taiwan/Singapore and the only other NON MIJ disk to get near my burners! Good luck..... Welcome to AfterDawn!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2007
  3. DigiCrime

DigiCrime Member

Somethings up. I downloaded the program but I get errors.

I 16:47:16 Verifying Sectors... (LBA: 0 - 2191752)
    E 16:47:33 Failed to Read Sector 0 - Illegal Mode For This Track
    E 16:47:33 Failed to Verify Sectors!
    E 16:47:33 Operation Failed! - Duration: 00:00:17
    I 16:47:33 Average Verify Rate: N/A - Maximum Verify Rate: N/A

Ive tried different disks and different ISO's they all say the same thing. Guess my writer is going bad :(