1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD burning of VIDEO_TS files

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by yashmakkk, Oct 11, 2007.

1. yashmakkk

yashmakkk Guest

I decrypted a file and stored it on my hard drive. There are eleven files: 2 VIDEO_TS, 2 VTS_01_0 and 5 VTS_01_1 through 5. what must I do to burn these to a blank DVD disc that will allow them to be played in a stand-alone player? I burn them to a disc and if I open it with something like VLC Player it will play on the computer. Nothing I do allows it to be played on the stand-alone. I have tried Nero Burn ROM, Free and Easy Burn, DVD Shrink, and others that I have come across without success. I have recoded it to .ISO (I think) and that didn't work. What next? This is making me crazy! Am I, perhaps, using the wrong type of disc? Is there one (+ or -) that I should restrict myself to if I wish to play these DVDs that I burn, from whatever source, on random stand-alone players as well as other computers?

Thanx so much!

David

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

Last edited: Oct 12, 2007
  3. JJYkim

JJYkim Member

I have a question. I followed the guide that IHOE provided, and got to the step where I'm supposed to look for an ISO file and burn that onto a dvd.

Well, strangely enough, the file is saved as a zip file not an ISO.
    I'm not sure why DVDFab Decrypter is doing this.

I use Shrink, the above software, and ImageBurn.
    As for my computer specs, it's a laptop PC (Dell) running on XP Home.

If anyone can help me with this problem, I'd really appreciate it.
    I've already burned 2 dvds that came up empty because of this problem..

Thanks

4. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

DVDFab HD Decrypter does not rip a DVD to the hard drive in a zip file! It would never happen! Now I can believe that you DOWNLOADED a movie from the internet that is in a zip file! But DVDFab HD Decrypter will never rip a DVD in a zip file! I don't know what you are doing.

5. JJYkim

JJYkim Member

No. I didn't download it.
    I'm ripping "Lake House" - and that's the file format it was ripped in. Strange, I know.
    I can email you the image if you want...I just don't know how to attach an image here...

6. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

7. JJYkim

JJYkim Member

8. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I dont' want to see the zip file......... I want to see DVDFab HD Decryter working .......show me the steps you took to get that file!

I did the Lake House with DVDFab HD Decrypter and did not get a zip file! did you open up the zip file??? see what format was inside???

Last edited: Oct 22, 2007