1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD burning PROBLEM in vista sur INSTANT HELP pls

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by radio957, Oct 2, 2007.

1. radio957

radio957 Member

Hi all!
    I am a guy from finland , so excuse my english. My problem is as follows:
    [color=red]I try to burn dvds compatible with my Sony dvd player, with no succes.[/color[/b]
    I have dowloaded and burned innumerous films to dvds before vista time and watched them with my family, so I thought I knew how its done, but no.

My TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L632H ATA Device burns images allright and I can watch them trough computer but not with dvd player. I have tried several software (NERO8,IMgburn,NTI7 u name it) with same result, dvd player says CANNOT PLAY.

Is it some update I'we dowloaded because at first I could make some dvds compatible with my dvd player or can I not multiply my successful way to burn them.
    I have searched the internet to solve this problem, I have asked experts (XP), but still "I'm going slightly mad".

[b][color=red]PLEASE HELP ME!!![/color][/b]

2. SL7Rips

SL7Rips Regular member

Try to Update your Dvd Burner Firmware.. And Use Ashanpoo Burning Studio 7..

3. radio957

radio957 Member

Thank you for your reply!
    Ihave also updated sll drivers and software. Allthough Ashampoo is yet an unknown software to me. I will try it at once, if it solves my problems or not i will tell everyone asap.

4. attar

attar Senior member

When I burn a DVD from AVI files and it plays on the PC, but not on my standalone player, it often means the file was PAL and I should have produced an NTSC disk.
    However I seem to recall that most of the players in Europe can handle NTSC and PAL formats, so it would be a long shot.

5. radio957

radio957 Member

Sorry to say but that (Ashampoo) didn't do trick either. Software it self was nicely designed and had beutiful layout.
    Problem is still continuing as it was my dvd-r disks keep on returning the same answer in dvd player C 13 00 and dvd+rws "cannot play" , but the very same disks play allright in my laptops dvd player as well as the decrypted iso files also do.
    I have called also to comp manufactures technical help and they adviced me to remove a filter, but no help from that either. I have sent email to them and Im waiting them to contact me again coming week so please keep on posting advice to solve this annoying problem. TXS

6. deadlove

deadlove Guest

Just a really wild guess..

Does your dvd player support +RW disks? Mine does not.

7. radio957

radio957 Member

Thank u for quess. but im sorry to say that iy does-

Keep on quessing!

8. MysticE

MysticE Active member

It sounds like a media/disc problem.

Have you changed discs? What brand discs are you using?

Take one of your previous burns that work, and copy it with your current setup and discs and see if this copy plays.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2007
  9. katieruss

katieruss Member

I am having the same problem and I have the same TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L632H ATA Device in a Samsung R60 laptop. The only difference is that the stand alone DVD players dont tell me they cant read the DVD, they simply stick on "loading".

I am now wondering if it is an issue pertaining to the blank DVD's. Should I be using DVD+R's or DVD-R's?

Katie

10. junoon105

junoon105 Guest

I was having the same problem with vista while using Nero or Roxio to burn dvd's and they weren't playable in the dvd player. So I switched to ConvertXtoDVD this program works excellent on vista platform and output dvds work on standalone dvd player. Hope this will solve your problem.

11. radio957

radio957 Member

Ty. I will try that also. Hope that would solve the problem permanently.

12. Amir89

Amir89 Regular member

Well obviously your standalone DVD player does not support the format or media type you are using.

First off:
    What format are the files on the DVD?
    DVD-ROM, DivX, VCD, etc..?
    Make your DVD Player supports whatever format the video is in.

Second, what media (blank discs) are you using?
    Which brand?
    Cheap media can cause defective/bad writes which may not play properly in a DVD player, or skip, lock-up,etc..

Third, you need to use some decent-quality programs.
    Try DVDFlick, here's a link: http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_tools/dvd_flick.cfm/v1_2_2_1
    It's free, simple to use and excellent quality.

Let us know how it goes...

13. winnipoo

winnipoo Member

well i tried all this stuff and had no luck... radio957....i ended up just burning at lowere speed and haven't had any more problems...give it a try