1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD burning problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by lilching, Jun 11, 2004.

1. lilching

lilching Member

this is the second time this has happened to me the first time i was able to figure it out well it goes like this the first time i was getting a focus error (burning with nero) at some point of my session and all i needed to do was lower my burning speed fine that worked for a while this time i was trying to back up my information on my HD and the first disc worked fine (burning with nero) and then i tried to do the second one and it had a focus error so i tried it again and it did it again then i tried backing up a dvd and it did the same thing so my question is if someone can help me with this confusing problem if they can tell me how to burn correctly (with nero 6) data and back ups of movies thanks

2. bloonight

bloonight Guest

Stop using Nero.....too many bells and whistles. Use DVD Shrink to author your files then burn with Decryptor or buy a copy of CopytoDVD Pro.Keep it simple.

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

First thing to try would be a lense cleaner disc in your burner drive. Dirt or dust will throw focus out. If that doesn't work, try different brand of media. After that I would suspect the drive itself.

Jerry

4. Deeman

Deeman Guest

Sonic My dvd software also works well after using shrink.

5. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Sorry bloonight, totally disagree. Nero is a great program and about as simple as you can get. Do this: install DVD43(free) this will rip your movie with nothing else to do as it works in the background. All you do is go directly into Nero recode. It works just like shrink and keeps the menu fully functional with re-authoring, shrink won't. Recode is easier and has a better picture than shrink. I've compressed 50% with recode and the picture was unbelievable(not something I normally do, but I have done it). What some call bells and whistles I call a lot of great programs(ie. menu builders,file conversion, cover designers,burning programs, etc.)all in one program. Heck, Nero is the default burner for shrink. If you need help using nero just holler, I'll be glad to assist. It's so easy I don't think you will. There are also many threads in this forum dealing with nero as it is a popular tool around here. I want to add bloonight is't wrong, that's his opinion and I have mine. You know what they say about opinions. They're a 100 different softwares and 1,000 combinations. But if you're just starting out(and we all did at some point) I think you'll find dvd43 and recode comes as close to the term one-click as you can get.
    _
    _
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]........Dell Media4600, XP home,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz, 512MB, 280 HD w/8MB, 17" flat panel, AIO-A920, 8x DVD-ROM, integrated 5.1 audio, HP dc4000, Plextor PX-708UF[/small]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2004
  6. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

lilching,

Don't give up on Nero... Since you've already paid for it. Do you have the current version of Nero 6? If not get it, and don't install InCD4. Also check out the guides on using Nero, it's probably just a setting.

Umm and like Jerry746 said... try different media, cleaning the drive woundn't hurt. And make sure your up to date with your burners firmware, and make sure IDE settings are set to DMA... Good luck :)

7. baabaa

baabaa Active member

I don't use Nero - but the logs that it produces are very imformative, and if you are getting focus errors, like others have mentioned - media or dirty optic........or even failing diodes within the laser assembly of your writer

Try a different type of media, cos that is the most common problem with burning and then a good clean....

Focus means it is having difficult focus onto the media so therefore one of the above would more than likely be the culprit............

8. dink007

dink007 Guest

The problem with nero is that the error like
    8:28:59 PM #31 CDR -1093 File WriterStatus.cpp, Line 164
    No seek complete
    HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4081B\H1 T1

8:28:59 PM #32 TRANSFER -24 File WriterStatus.cpp, Line 164
    Could not perform end of Disc-at-once
    theres no info on what that means, or how to stop it. nero is burner software that take alot of time to get use to.

9. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Very true... but well worth it. there are enough guides and members willing to help :)