1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd Burning Slow Please Help!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Adamc2326, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Adamc2326

Adamc2326 Member

Hello I am quite new to this site and require some help with regards to burning dvd's, I have burnt quite a few dvd's in the past using nero 6 burning at 2x whcih use to take me about 30 minutes or just under. I had to recently do a complete computer restore to sort out another problem after doing this and reloading all software I can now still burn dvd's but it takes just over an hour, I have been reading other reviews on this and have tried quite a few things for example unistalling my drivers rebooting to install again also defragment. Nothing has helped, I am running windows xp service pack 2. If anyone can help it would be great. Many Thanks

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Go into your device manager and check both IDE channel controllers. They need to be set to DMA. If they show PIO change them to DMA. If they won't change, remove them in device manager, reboot and Windows should reinstall them to DMA.

Jerry

3. Adamc2326

Adamc2326 Member

Hi Jerry

Many thanks for your quick response I have already tried the above it didn't make any difference.

Adam

4. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

What's the new program that you're using to burn/back up dvd now after you did a completed re-format/restore? Is it still NERO? What are your computer spec? i.e. processor, mb of RAM and HD? What kind of dvd-burner and dvd-rom drives that's installed in your computer? Have you tried to at least update it's firmware? And lastly, what's the blank dvd-r media you're using to do a back up?

5. Adamc2326

Adamc2326 Member

Yes I am still using nero to burn my dvd and dvd shrink from this site. My computer spec are as follows a Intel Celeron 2.80ghz processor 256mb ram 40gb hd. (What kind of dvd-burner and dvd-rom drives that's installed in your computer?) how do i find this out? i have tried to update my drivers but always get the same response that there are no better updates than the drivers i already have. I am using Verbatim dvd-r 4.7gb 8x speed, i have always use these discs and have been ok.